1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Check out the ped on this dog, What do you think?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Brothermarree, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

2. B

B CH Dog

3. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

4. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

5. B

B CH Dog

You can't just breed a handful of gamedogs into show lines and consider the offspring gamebred. "Show" and "looks" breeders love to claim that they have gamebred lines in their dogs to quantify their claimes of purebred dogs. They toss out the gamedog line name like their dog is actually bred to be game. It is just more hype to sell more dogs. Gamebred comes from proven tested stock and the majority of that dogs pedigree consists of show dogs focusing on SIZE and COLOR. That isn't a gamebred dog no matter how you try to explain or claim it. The dog looks just like most other RE dogs... fat with an oversized frame and deformed "bully" look.

B

6. B

B CH Dog

Please don't take it wrong, you asked an opinion on a public board so I am giving you my opinion based on my experiences and knowledge. If you prefer this type of dog, good for you but asking about them on a public gamedog forum is going to get you honest replies. I'm here to make sure that anyone that reads these posts gets both sides of the story and an honest opinion from a true gamedog fancier.

Kind Regards,

B

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I personally cannot stand the crossing of gamebred dogs to dogs bred for head size, neck size, & color. It's beyond disrespectful to the dogs & a disgrace to the people who helped shape & form the true APBT into the dog it is today. As BnD said, the only reason why this kind of breeding is done, is to try & "justify" the breeding of mutts & to help make more money off "cool" sounding dogs. There's no difference in that kind of breeding & if I crossed Dyani, Runt, or Mia to Chipper. By the careless crossing of gamedogs to generic "pit bulls" one creates a gentic mess & only helps to destory the breed & lose sight of what is true/false & right/wrong.

Again if one TRULY loves the APBT breed, there would be no desire to change the entire looks & function of it. To love the breed is to love EVERYTHING about it.

8. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

I still can't quite understand why people can't accept what they have. I have both kinds of dogs, I have 2 house dogs that go with me every where on the farm. They are both Bully bred mutts but I love em just for what they are. I can take them in the chicken house, to feed my horses and other farm animals and don't have to worry about them. I do on the other hand have some pretty decent game dogs that I absolutely cannot take any where.......LOL. They don't care if it's a horse, a pig, a chicken, or another dog. These dogs have been bred to work and culled if they don't, and now that I'm back in the breed and culling the way I am it's just going to get better. When I first came back into the bulldog scene in February I tried the Bully thing for a couple of months and that is why I have 2 of them. There is no comparison between the two, i.e. Bully and Game. I know for sure because I've had them both on hogs in the last 2 months. I have to agree with BND respectfully. We need to keep our lines as pure as possible. I say "as possible" because just since Feb. I have already been lied to so much about dogs over the phone that when I go pick them up and then get the ped back it is nothing like they claimed it was!!!! I have gone to pick up dogs that were supposidly "jeep, boudreax, hammonds, etc." just to find out that in the top half of the pedigree in the 7th generation on the mommas side there was a dog out of Gary's stock in the 5th generation.....LOL. I have both, I love my bullies for what they are but have no trouble admitting what they are. :)

9. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

Me niether I have no problem saying what I like or my oppinion, as long as the dog can pull it cann be Staff or Pit or a cross of the two.
    I'm just tired of people trying to say what my dog is and what it should be, fact is I got a game bred Blue, no cross not out of standard , very porportionate.
    The ADBA standard calls for a dog his height(23 inches at withers to be 69 lbs. but he is about 70lbs- 75 now I need to shave him down.
    He has two faults and we are currently keeping one of his sons that doesn't seem to have any maybe one but we shall see when he's older.

10. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

I feel what your saying BnD I did ask for oppinions

11. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Sire
    JOHNSON'S
    "BLUE PLATINUM"
    Sire
    PUKA'S "HOMBRE"
    Sire
    TEREK'S "ACTION JACKSON"
    Sire
    VAN PELT'S "EGOR"
    Mother
    LISA'S
    "CLEAR BLUE KARMA"
    Mother
    MARK'S "CHASE MERIDIAN"
    Sire
    BRETT'S "BANDIT"
    Mother
    FARLEY'S
    "MISS ARIEN"
    Mother
    LASHENIK'S
    "NATURES WRATH"
    Sire
    L&S' "SPIRT NEVER DIES"
    Sire
    NEVIL'S "COLD BLUE BULLET"
    Mother
    KARMA'S "BLUE DOT"
    Mother
    LASHENIK'S
    "FINE EDGE"
    Sire
    HILLMAN'S
    "RAVEN"
    Mother
    "DAKOTA SUE HILLMAN"
    Mother
    "BLUE SHADOW JOHNSON"
    Sire
    SHARADAN'S
    "SWAMPMONSTER"
    Sire
    L&S' "SPIRT NEVER DIES"
    Sire
    NEVIL'S "COLD BLUE BULLET"
    Mother
    KARMA'S "BLUE DOT"
    Mother
    LASHENIK'S
    "FINE EDGE"
    Sire
    HILLMAN'S
    "RAVEN"
    Mother
    "DAKOTA SUE HILLMAN"
    Mother
    SHARADAN'S
    "REDGIRL JOPLIN"
    Sire
    CAMACHO'S
    "SAMMY THE BULL"
    Sire
    CHIAPETTA'S
    "MAD MAX"
    Mother
    CHIAPETTA'S
    "MAD ROSIE"
    Mother
    CAMACHO'S
    "NINA LA LOCA"
    Sire
    RAMIREZ' "MAX"
    Mother
    TORRE'S "CHUCA"

Show me which dogs are game bred? You might not be sure on what game bred is...even though that ped you posted on the first post has some gamebred dogs in his ped, dont make em game bred...lol

12. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

Brother, and I do mean Brother. I under lined the words, "game bred blue." My brother, there is only one way to determine gameness, and it ain't weight pulling. If I was sitting at a table with you at coffee, or dinner I would say the same. Weight pulling cannot determine gameness, only seeing two dogs doing what they were bred to do and loving every moment of it til an appointed time by faithful and respected owners can one be deemed game. With great respect I say, I think you know this. Love that Bully dog you have as I love mine and don't ever care wether it's game or not. Just love it and care for it. Who cares if it's game?

Pro 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

13. I would doubt the breeding of Razor's Edge ROJO DIABLO. In-breeding Patrick dogs does not automatically produce a dog that large.

My only issue with conformation dogs is that the public looks at them the same way they do match dogs. Brethren, these things ought not be.

The Watcher likes this.