1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

chickens

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by outrightmike, May 21, 2010.

1. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Does anyone here raise there own ckickens?looking into raising them to feed all my dogs natural and looking for the good and bad in it.basicly is it worth it?money or work wise.

2. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Ironman has some Curtis Blackwell-Hatch and Jud Lacy-Roundheads.
    I tell him they're dunheels. LOL

3. I have Gamefowl but no farm blood

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

the old man would get 100-200 chicks every year ("meatmakers" is what he called em). the dogs got some, and i ate so much chicken i barely can eat it 30 years later LOL. my point is, it had to have been cheap then cuz we were poor folk

5. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

thanks i am going to build a coup when i got the time.

6. fblb

fblb Top Dog

I used to raise my own chickens back when I lived in Texas out in the country. Will again someday when I either move back out to the country or even better yet go back to Texas.

7. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

yes meatmakers they cost around $1 and fully mature 6 to 8 weeks

8. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

thanks for the imfo.in that time how much money in feed is needed?

9. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

10. fblb

fblb Top Dog

11. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

12. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

I think thats a good idea but i dont think my dogs will leave them be

13. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

the niebor gots a chicken a duck and a dog that run in a pack that once and a while comes to the yard but they are good at staying away from my dogs.but ill have them fenced and if one gets them that will be there sup.

14. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

keep them cooped up i have one dog that has killed and ate 7 or 8 of my laying hens.this was my first time having them and you would think they would not go in their chain reach. not chickens are stupid.i am going to get more laying hens and probably meatmakers next year.i am going to keep them penned,because the dogs are getting 100 ft cable runs.:dogtongue: