1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mrsmickey351, Dec 25, 2006.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

What a blessing! Santa has been good to y'all! I wish my dogs could have beds. My guys chew them up.

I know what you mean about the parents vs. pit bull thing too. My mom dislikes all pitties & has been trying to pursuade me (read - nag) me into getting rid of them for years.

2. Suki

Suki Guest

I got a lot of nice things, but honestly, the best gift I received was being able to speak to my youngest sister on Christmas day.

She just had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in her brain, and had been unable to speak, think clearly, etc, for a few weeks now. just being able to talk with her, have her speak back AND recognize who I was, was the best! [​IMG][​IMG]
    ...indeed, it was my greatest gift! :)
    ain't nothin better than good health.

3. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

Damn straight Suki... that is awesome and one of the best Christmas Gifts bar none. My brother just ran the Ironman in Kona this year and the televised portion of it was on NBC (i think) late in December. The main focus on it was the acheivements through the power of the human will and it was truly amazing. My brother Brian was one of 5 people the 3 hour even focused on - because he was running the event for someone the year previous who ran and found out he has ALS - and this year is in a wheelchair. People like my brother keep his fight alive with others that aslo identify his illness - a death sentence and truly incurable disease. Just watching it makes you truly value the health of youself and your family.

For Christmas I got a new oven from my new brother in law, a digital video camera from mom and dad, a new jacket and some cologne, and most importantly a healthy happy family, wife and two kids. For them I got a new pup, an electric scooter, a bunch of x-box games and portable DVD player, bunch of clothes and stuff and a ton of other toys (gotta donate a bunch of old ones). For the wife - a new RX350, some perfume, a new chair massager (so she'll quit askin me), a portable massager... lol, and a few other unmentionables.

Merry Christmas Everyone

4. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I got some leather tools, a new comforter that I'm going to put celtic work on for the bed, a bunch of books that I really really wanted, some silver jewelery in different leaf shapes that I've been eying for quite awhile. Lots of gift cards. My boss gave me 1.5 weeks pay plus a $300 gift card to Target.

Mark got a bunch of things for his truck, I honestly went into the performance store, identified myself, told them what I wanted to spend and the guys just put all the stuff together for me. They know what he wanted. I also got him a new shop vac and a four wheeler subscription.

Autumn, my oldest daughter, got accessories for her trumpet, violin, flutes and guitar as well as alot of art supplies. She was a really happy camper.

The dogs got lots of presents too. Dog treats and lots of toys. Birdie cleaned house at my office though. She got fleece blankets, golf towels (for cleaning wet/muddy feet) a HUGE aluminum umbrella for rainy walks and lots of treats & bones from our TV reps. The dog looks like a walking advertisement for the local ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox affiliate stations now.

The Gremlin got all kinds of good stuff. Her favorite has to be her CARS CD player and her Quad....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We ordered traction bands for the wheels. I give her a week until she has a rally course set up in the back yard.

My husband and father-in-law are already discussing building her a custom little dirt racer for next year.

5. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Hoyden,,,you guys have cool sh!t,,,I want to come live with you guys,,I got the usual suspects,,,clothes,,gift cards,,,best of all I had 40 people at my house,,me and my niece's hubby started drinking grape pucker in the afternoon and had a blast!!

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

A little raptor (the atv), what a lucky kid! LOL

7. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

My house is usually the fun house. I'm an over grown tomboy, my girls are tomboys. My husband and father-in-law are over-grown children and gear heads, their idea of fun is to rip a truck or old british car apart and re-build it. Mark Sr. (FIL) just finished putting a 2.8 liter, V6 engine out of a camaro into an older MG that originally came with an manual tranny. Re-did all the body work too.

Now they're looking for an engine to rebuild for the boat.

Add in the dogs, and everybody playing with all our medieval weapons, it can be REALLY interesting at times. My neighbors like to just sit back and watch. They say we're better than reality TV.

8. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I love cool sh!t,,,I am on my way,,,LOL

9. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Good! We need a referee.

We're "discussing" sharing the garage and it's getting interesting. No mig welder for him unless I get some bench space for wood working tools.

10. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

LOL,,,I know that feeling,,,I just took part of the garage and the office thats in our house!! I get in a fox hole and no-one will mess with me

11. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

Well it sounds like everyone had a great christmas as did I. We did get to celebrate alot this year as we had alot to celebrate!! First was the real reason of the season Jesus' birth. Second my brother had a new baby on the 15th so we also got to celebrate him. We of course had lots of gifts and fun with family. I am so glad everyone had a great christmas!!!:D