1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

clemmons durango red ??????

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by bosboy, Feb 7, 2014.

1. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Pedigree is a tool that must be used to produce quality animals. Without knowledge of the pedigree - Depth and breadth -There are too many factors that can work against a "breeder". Knowledge of parents, grand parents and even their littermates is needed to understand strentghs, defects and characteristics that may be passed to offspring. Without this knowledge, one or both of the animals being bred may be carriers of defects or unwanted characteristics.
    Without a pedigree, there is too much guess work involved.

This information can be obtained without paying for papers, but you must know what you have and what it comes from. All one needs is a basic grasp of genetics, which can be obtained from study and experimentation. Breeding goldfish or guppies may be cheaper avenue to explore before breeding larger animals. If the cost of registering a litter is too high, it shows lack of confidence in the breeding to begin with and selling the offspring should not be the goal. Keeping and evaluating the offspring would be the only way to go.

Im sure that someone, if not already may be able to point you in a direction to find what you are looking for. The search box may turn up more info than you have received so far. Good luck in your search.

2. bosboy

bosboy Pup

f#$k yeah he understands perfectly what I'm saying.its so needed to bring up a family of dogs and better the breed.who would you know jeep is what it is everyone who seen him is just about dead all you reply have is peds. Or even dibo, or any other monumental bulldogs!!!!!!!

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Oh boy ! Here we go

4. bosboy

bosboy Pup

I bet every body who posts on this three has registered dogs or the certificate..... I bet ya lol

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Your wrong again !

6. bosboy

bosboy Pup

so you have dogs your solely going off what the breeder said it is really.......are you breeding?????

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well in my case you are right, I've got papers on some dogs. But I don't register a dog before it turns out good. Then I've got some dogs we've been breeding for 20 years that don't have papers, we know the exact lineage of every dog but our goal isn't selling pup off it so we keep it close to the vest. I agree that the pedigree can be a useful tool, but my end goal is to push forward with the best dogs on my yard regardless of pedigree. I can see what you were trying to say, but my personal feelings are don't buy a dog with or without papers unless it's coming from someone you have confidence in. If mikemike tells you it's a rednose /tigerstripe cross you laugh at him and keep it moving. To me the key is building relationships with other like minded individuals in the dog world and by doing that you will meet the type of people that have the type and quality animals we all strive for. IMO buying a pup of any random joe blow is the same gamble papers or not.... You can have any great dog in a pedigree 100 times but if it hasn't been bred true for 2,3,4 generations the percentages are just as low as the pup from mikemike at the corner store. Getting any pup is a gamble but you roll the dice , raise him up good and see if he turns out if not try try again

8. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Well put. and just because a dog is registered don't guarantee good health. most registries leave the leg work to the breeder. knowlege and experience will trump most all other factors. trust is another aspect and not knowing folks you get dogs from can be a gamble. righ on point Cajun b.

9. bosboy

bosboy Pup

and weirdly enough I agree Cajun if you recall I posted my first dog I had wasn't registered but was as good as the breeders main registered stock and a couple of his buddys stock. But he no longer around.so naturally my next pup would be a gamble not knowing anyone else around my area.true papers are not even halfway to my ultimate goal to produce bulldogs but it will sure help. Like bama says papers don't mean nothing but he sure uses them for reserch and know what he's talking about sorell thread!!!!!!! Its just a tol to help nothing wrong with that

10. bosboy

bosboy Pup

some say eli, some say blind billy same s#*t lol

11. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

im like'n this post.............
    where im from youll find most anyone with an adba cert. for thier pups/dogs etc. will tell you whatever need be to get your confidence up and take your hard earned cash.
    30 years ago it was different, everyone here had certs. but as time has gone on and in my personal experiance its the fella's that keep it real, keep a note book and thats about it.
    in the 2 cases what's on paper aint always the truth.
    one hand you have someone put fake peds in and DO get them registered as such, this is for profit and sales.
    the other you may encounter is the people having great success and don't want anyone to know how theyve done it.
    then you have the wild card, the one thats done it all and is just willing to give someone a chance and lay it all out for ya.
    lol...
    its taken me personally many years to come to turms with also, because as i said,when i started you just got a cert. with the dog and that was that, so i was acustom to that.
    i used to register my litters, then the last few i didn't, i just kept a record, i know what they are and how they are bred, yet im not selling them. my thought was why do all that and out of 6-7-8 etc pups i only keep 2.
    i completely understand how people feel about the subject, both sides. what you have to understand is don't let either infuance you on lett'n go of something off 2 exceptional dogs, you have years for the other part, and talk'n to people who know whats been going on is were the knowledge is going to come from.
    there's always going to be differences of opinion in this matter and plenty of diffences of opinion in the dogs full stop.
    use good judgement and in most cases i say, go with ya gut, it usually prevails.

12. bosboy

bosboy Pup

once again in not toatally disagreeing,all I'm saying is after awhile people tend to forget!!! You can run a line for 50plus years with inbreeding,outs the whole deal somewhere down the line you gonna have to dubble back and recall what went where and when,or better yet someone else might.imo what's the sense in running a line and not put your stuff out there for someone to pick up the torch when your gone.years of work gone except was on your yard who's gonna continue your caliber of dogs with out blueprints.for example if I ran Eli dogs I know Eli and boze are half brothers but lets say 30 years from now my nephew picked up my stuff if I'm not around to give him knowledge how would he know?

13. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

you would know because youve been around him and he proberly got a hand book with his info in it, personal records.
    just a side note, not all will want thier line continued.
    i personally know of a fella that left in his will asked a good friend to cull all his stock once he passed away, ill tell ya it was tempting to keep a couple for ol mate, but much to the disapointment of the few that knew the dogs his mate kept his word and culled the lot. there is nothing left and the man never sold or gave away a dog in his life.
    hows that grab ya lol...
    it does go to show ya, just sometimes a mans word is worth everything.

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

the pedigree can be hand written so why do you want a registry to keep the info you know the best ? mccoy if you only knew the dogs i bred then you would know i have plenty of confidence in what i've bred . i don't need to pay anyone to tell me how my dogs are bred . the breeder told me that . i you can't trust them then go to a registry and lol trust them . and can they tell you the truth about a dog they never seen ? it's when you want to sale dogs is when you want a shinny piece of paper from a registry telling you that well i think that dog is bred this way he payed me to register it that way .

15. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

ps...oh and im hearing ya, ive read the thread.

16. bosboy

bosboy Pup

well holy amber eyes and red toe nails batman!!!!!!!! I know when its too many pounds uphill just call me 1GL chase I'm picking up lol. So lets talk bulldogs fellas what your choice blood

17. bosboy

bosboy Pup

trying to bring back the gentlemen in these bulldogs because its lacking!!!!! Lol

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I would walk to OG s house if he told me to come on.

19. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

in most cases id agree with ya there,
    if ya refuring to this thread imparticular i wouldn't, i just see people sharing personal ideals.
    i wouldnt be able to offer any good advise on ya last post, where im from our bulldogs are bred quite a bit different from most places, they have been bred like it for many years.
    and lol... just for argument sake, i know how theyre bred lol....

20. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

^^ X2, with 1 leg backwards lol