1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Coccidia..........

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Laced Wit Game, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

does anybody know of a substance used to kill coccidia in pups? im afraid my pup has it and while i keep up with the dogshit im still afraid of it infecting my other dogs. i know most of the time its not that big of deal and the dog may overcome it hiself, but id still rather yard healthy and parasite free!

ive been looking online for albon, but everywhere i go for it they need a script. ive been to the feed store and almost got some "CORID" but the shit was for cattle and the thought of overdosing scared the shit outta me.

so my question is is ther any offshore suppliers that dont need a perscription or is there some other product out there i dont know about? i would rather limit my vet trips for the things i dont know whats wrong. i know whats wrong here cuz his littermates got it too!

thanks in advance folks!

2. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

you should just get the cattle stuff Generic Albon 12.5% Solution gallon: Amazon.com: Pet Supplies........... according to the Pitbull bible all you do is mix this with omega 3 oil Amazon.com: FISH OIL GAL: Sports Outdoors and its done. it cant get any easier than that.

its 10oz of the omega 3 oil(fish oil) to 8oz of the cattle albon. after mixed at that rate its the same if not better than the prescription stuff . the dosage after is

5ml per 10lbs on day 1, followed by 2.5ml per 10lbs for four days.

he talks about the antibiotics you should use too in that section.

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i went to the feed store and unfortunately they didnt have any albon or sulfamexothine.....

so i ended up getting some stuff called liquid "Sulmet: Drinking Water Solution 12.5%" which is (sulfamethazine sodium).

apparently you just add it to theyre water and you should see results after a few days....

the only problem is....i have no clue what the dosages are......

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

so has anybody treated with liquid "sulmet" before? the pup is 8 weeks n 6 lbs....

5. Buddy Red

Buddy Red Pup

Try Neomycin Oral Solution, you can order it from Jeffers Pet and it works

6. Buddy Red

Buddy Red Pup

Try Neomycin Oral Solution, you can order it from Jeffers Pet and it works. Albon works best I think but in the states you can only get it with a prescription but on some Canadian vet sites you can order it without a prescription.

7. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i decided to use the sulmet, on day 1 its 2ml per 10 lbs
    day 2-10 is 1ml pr 10 lbs

thanks boogie that helped a bunch!

8. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

what what was boggies words??

i would like to know. all i have is that PBB book and any other suggestions would help me also if i had a run in with this as well.

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

the stuff is called sulmet 12.5% drinking water solution....the rest is as stated above..

10. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

yeah i looked at what i posted and read your post one more time and it clicked that that was what was told to you lol.

11. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Ive treated 2 pups with Corid and had great reasults. Ide use it again if needed.

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i would have done that but the best answer i got as far as dosage was 1/4 teaspoon per four puppys! (i know! lol) the shits marketed for 1100 plus pound animals, big difference in a 6 lb pup.

how did you go about finding a dosage?

13. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Thats about the dosage i used and also based it out of the Pit Bull Bible. I did use a smaller dosage than calculated at first but treated them for 10 days. I made sure to worm also evry 3 days. Pups grew up fine and stayed healthy ever since.

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

should i be deworming while treating for this? i mean shit the little guy is only 8 weeks been dewormed twice (6 wks with fenbendzole) and 8 weeks (with pyrantel).

should i keep hittin em with it? i aint tryin to develope super worms lol

15. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I was always told to use Pyrantel for 3 days strait and then once a week for another month. If you waited 2 weeks between worming and the pup was infected with them then you never killed them all. Your not going to hurt the little guy with the Pyrantel....the thing you really have to worry about is the intestinal damage done by the worms. Inside bleeding when the worms dye can really hurt or kill your pup. Use a laxative when you worm. I helps release the worms and coats the sides as well.

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i thought i only needed to worm at 6,8,12 weeks to clear eggs n larvea?

17. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I start worming my pups at 4 1/2 weeks and worm twice a week for a month and then every 2 weeks from then on out. Ive never ran into a worm problem but have picked up pups and had problems until i treated for a month. Even though they act better after a few days its just a matter of time before they are down again. I was told to treat my dogs like this from the same Vet ive been using for years. I also heartworm every 3 weeks and have always gave it under the skin. Ivomec. 1/4 cc no matter the size of the dog. Valbezen cattle wormer is the wormer i use for my dogs that are 6 months and older. 1 cc per 10 pounds on the feed with an egg for the laxative.

18. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

thanks tb, ima have to look into that!

19. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I use to give the Ivomec orally but found out that it helps skin problems then given under skin. It treated a dog that would break out with the demo. mange alot. Once i did the under the skin thing she stopped breaking out with it.

20. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

look up revival animal supplys bird sulfa or TMZ. cant remember dosage but thought it was half pill everyday for 5 days for a 20#. not sure on dosage right now