1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Come on and admit it! Do you spoon?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rocky H. Balboa, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

Envy would sleep with me if Brandon was out of town. (RIP)
    The new pup will to I assume. She has gotten to sleep in the bed one morning when I wanted to sleep in late. Now she is always getting on the bed during the day. It does not take much to spoil these dogs does it.

2. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Both mine start out in their beds, but some time during the night Lilly jumps on the bed and proceeds to lye horizontally between me and the husband...in the morning we are hugging the edge of the bed and that damn dog is stretched out full length between us. Now Buddy is a gentleman, he will only take a small piece of the bed next to your feet......

3. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

Oh yes. My dog sleeps under the blankets and we snuggle each other. Its cute when I wake up and she is on her back, lips flipped back, laying against my chest and stomache with my arm over her.
    Its great, she is like a little hot water heater. When it gets cold, she keeps me warm. And I could care less what my boyfriend thinks, the dog will sleep in my bed if she wants to. But I am lucky and he has nor problem with her sleeping with us.

4. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

Heres a little known fact. The term "Three Dog Night" refers to it being so cold, that you need three dogs to keep you warm. There is also a band named this, but thats where the term came from.

5. Attila

Attila Guest

I didn't know that. Thanks.

6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

not me to me dogs belong either in a doghouse or on the floor.the bed and furniture are for humans.although it ain't to easy to tell it to the dog when you have it in the house,lol.

7. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I agree !!!!

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

My wife would shout AMEN to this post!!LOL It is hard enough for me to get her to tolerate them in the house!!LOL She dont like the hair thing. On the other side of that coin, I do live in a clean house.

As to whether I spoon with my dog or not.... That is why I have a wife.

9. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I got an ungrateful mutt, tattooed on me, who still thinks he can steal the bed at night. When he was a pup, I had a queen size bed, and two people, and a dog in bed, although uncomfortable was "cozy" (at least to me!) LOL. Figured I'd be a decent guy and get a California king, maybe it would free up some more room at night? Nope! The first night the damn mutt laid right in the middle of the damn thing, in a pile of blankets and covers, arms and legs outstretched in opposite directions. Once again, I was stuck to my "corner".

Nothing wrong with a housedog, or bringing one in from time to time. I don't think many would get away with the same stuff, or even sleep on the bed, but a crate next your face at the foot of the couch works just as well.

10. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Standing rule at my house, back legs must be on the floor at all times. You may come for a front legs only visit if I want it, otherwise, go lie on your blanket or in your crate. All I need to do is point and they are down and gone. I'm a bit of a stickler for keeping them down. I have to tell the hubby to straighten up on it at times though LOL. Pups, on the other hand, will be allowed to cuddle with me for a while until it's bed time, then to the crate.

I don't spoon with my hubby either LOL, I'm not much of a cuddle muffin, that's for sure.:p

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

It was too cold last night NOT to spoon! I like sharing the blankets with Loki. I'm always cold, and she's makes thins toasty.

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I cuddle w/ my cats & my cats cuddle w/ me. Does that count?? lol. :p

But seriously, no adult dogs on our bed. The bed is reserved for small dogs, cats & us only. Big dogs can sleep in the bedroom, but not on the bed.

And big dogs are welcome to come up for a cuddle in the chair or occassionally share the recliner, but the bed if off-limits & they are not allowed on any furniture at all unless they've been invited.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2007
  13. awl

awl Pup

Spooning..... lol

14. I was thinking spooning had to do with sex but Ok. A type of position spooning lol i better shut up/

15. awl

awl Pup

lol..........

16. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

From what I've seen in dogs, the alpha male sometimes will not let any other packmates sleep where he sleeps. Especially with dog houses.

17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That is one reason (among others) I do not let adults sleep on my bed. I don't want them getting any funny ideas.

A few weeks ago my dog Tiger had recently took to easing up onto the couch when I wasn't looking. After shooing him off twice I put the switch on the couch & left it up there just to let him know what was awaiting him if I caught him up there again. He hasn't gotten up on any of the furniture univited since! ;)

18. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

there has only been two nights that my dog hasnt slept in bed with me and thats when i had to have surgury and i had no choice. she stayed in my roomates room and he told me she paced the room ALL night making all kinds of sad noises

19. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

I have to stop Max from staying on the couch now cause when people come over and sit down he's all over them and staring like they are in his spot.

20. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

not only that, when i have girs over i either have to kennel her up or lock her out because she will kick the girls off the bed...like, actully make them get outa my bed