1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Conditioning...HEEELLPP!

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by mike333, Sep 9, 2005.

1. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

I'm fairly new to conditioning due to the fact that I'm some-what new to pit bulls.I was wondering for the people that are conditioning theyre dogs what theyre scheldule is...far as what excersises you do with your dog..ect.Currently I'm doing a lil bit of drag weighting,alot of handwalkin&running,thats about all I can get'er to do right now.Also I was wondering if someone could take the time & explain to me how a 'keep' works.Thanks in adv.[​IMG]

2. CB

CB CH Dog

What i do is just do alot of hand walking and and play tug-o-war its been working great for me. And i took Seark's advice and feed my dog 1 cup in the morning and feed him 1 1/2 cup at night and its been working pretty good.

3. slim22

slim22 Pup

I like to hand walk with them and run them in the park(enclosed of course) and I really like to take them swimming. Swimming builds lots of muscles in their shoulders.

4. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Walking and running hills is always good... if you are in shape, unlike me! Otherwise it's tough. :)

5. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

well if u live in the coutry just walk,walk,run,run.walk,walk,chase some rabits,chase a coyote,walk,walk,walk,chase some skunks,run,run,walk,chase some more rabits,run,walk,run,head back home,run,walk,run,chase another coyote,run,walk,run,get home,rub down dogs for 20 mins each,play tug a war,spring pole,rest,feed,cage up,let them sleep,and start all over the next day,lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2005
  6. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

Ha,Ha,Ha.Those wrascily wabbits.Thanks everyone for the help.