1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dagger kennels..really that big?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by New2Game, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New2Game

New2Game Pup

i dont like big dogs and i dont own big dogs, so i dont wanna hear anything about me liking these dogs.

just wondering if these dogs really weigh what they say they do. if they do these are by far the largest "pits" ive seen. what do you guys think?

http://www.daggerkennel.com/

2. Groaners

Groaners Pup

Unless they were morbidly obese when weighed there is no way most those weights is accurate! :eek:
    I'm unfamiliar with their pedigrees so they might just be crosses especially if they really are that size but , likely they are just big 90 lb "pull bred pits" (with some breed outcrosses in the past) with over exagerated weights ;)
    BUT... I also know there has always been large APBTS in the history of the breed. I have been round the big 70-85 lb catch bred bull dogs all my life that no doubt are pure APBT, but 80 lbs and 135 lbs is still a big differnce.
    It ain't my call to say whose lines is pure and who's isn't. But a 135 lb dog, is not pure.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2008
  3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

The Dagger dogs I've seen are big, sloppy dogs. I wouldn't be surprised if they weigh as much as say they do. After all, in weight pull they weigh the dogs at every pull.

4. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

They arent "pits" they are mutts that have been bred to pull pull pull pull. Which they do well :rolleyes: for what that is worth.

5. New2Game

New2Game Pup

well what do you think i meant by "pits"? just dont want to offend anyone, in case they're members. to each his own.

6. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

I have seen some in person, yes some do weigh what it says.

it is not exaggerated. . .

viviana f zoida likes this.
  7. cutt

cutt CH Dog

I dont know the guy, but I emailed him to join our community..Hopefully hell join so we can understand whats really goin on.

8. DaGreatestPits

DaGreatestPits Big Dog

You are on the wrong sight asking that question because these people on this site hate to see or talk about pitbulls over 50lbs even if they have weight pull titles. The are so stuck on those little 30lb game bred dogs even though some of those big dogs look waaayyyy better than those smaller dogs. They are very closed minded just my opinion. I love those Dagger dogs though. I got a pup coming off of a Boogiemans daughter. He is one of their weight pull champions. I hope she is near his size 120lbs baby!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  9. cutt

cutt CH Dog

WTF !!! who are you to tell a newbie to the site that he is on the wrong site...lol.... and yes a vast majority are very opinionated on the "heavy weighted dogs" Not all are closed minded, though I am..

...and he did make it clear that he does not like the heavy type dogs..
    Cutt-

10. DaGreatestPits

DaGreatestPits Big Dog

Here is a pic of one of Daggers boogieman's duaghters that one of my friends owns and she is between 80 or 85lbs in this pic right after having pups she is usually bigger. They dont exaggerate their dogs sizes they are actually that big.
    [​IMG]

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

DaGreatestPits, if you really want to stay here, knock off bashing this site. If you're uncomfortable with the fact that most here prefer their dogs bred to the original standard -- or at least to the original size and looks -- you don't have to stay. But it's rude of you to take what you want from here in terms of knowledge and then throw us all a slap in the face. If it keeps up, you can be gone easy enough.

12. DaGreatestPits

DaGreatestPits Big Dog

Sooooo...is that a threat lol you act like take my i will cry if you do whatever it is you will do i can careless. lol

13. cutt

cutt CH Dog

WTF!!! this is noncense..it aint a threat , theyl give you the boot and its probably for the best.

..but dont worry , youll sill be able to read certain post's but you wont be able to post @ all.

14. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't know WTF you just said, but have it your way.

15. as soon as you hit that link, and their "welcome" claimed to have the most sought after bloodline in the world and to be breeding "the biggest pure bred pit bulls" in the world you should've closed the page and kept searching...

Bogus claims like that usually indicate who/what you're working with. What is the positive aspect of having the biggest pit bulls in the world? Absolutely nothing...that is just a sales gimmick for the ignorant.

16. New2Game

New2Game Pup

dagreatestpits- i ask about these dogs,and i'm on the wrong site? you promote these dogs, so get the fuck off the site. how are you smart enough to be on these forums learning about game dogs, but dumb enough to buy one of those dogs? you need to understand that if you like big dogs and what to go in that direction that you are the one breaking new ground. youre the one swaying from the standard. you cant hate on someone for liking the original tried and proven apbt. its like trying to get people who drive ferraris to switch to honda civics, not the other way around.

after i typed that into about not liking or owning these large dogs, i felt like it was not entirely necessary. but i still get posts like i was actually interested in buying them. so i guess i should have said how much i dislike them.

just wanted to see what your guy's take was on them. and to see if they really were as big as they say. i still dont believe the weights as i have seen dogs that weigh 125.

interesting though.

17. ~apbtfriend~

~apbtfriend~ Big Dog

For what its worth I have heard people saying that the dagger dogs are mixed with AB or some kind of mastiffs. Not sure if its true but on another board it created drama ....

18. Mr.lee

Mr.lee Big Dog

it looks so fake... i have seen bigger dogs and they dont even weight 135lb..(not even close to that )

19. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

apbtfriend you can take this to the bank those dogs are in no way shape or form of even being close to pure bred apbt's .You can be sure they are definetly mixed with something.

20. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Considering how much some Dagger dogs look like Dogue de Bordeaux, I wouldn't be surprised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.