1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

damn flies

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by CRG, May 23, 2004.

1. CRG

CRG Top Dog

my yard is filled with them. clean yard daily have tried traps,sprays,etc. need advice to get rid of these flies.

2. BigTex

BigTex Pup

i dont know if you just want the off your yard or off your dogs....for the dogs....bronco fly spray or endure both work really well....both are for horses....the bronco is only around $5-$6 a bottle but you got to put it on every day or every other day....endure is what i use now its around $16-$17 a bottle but i can go a week or more between applications....both bottles will last a while

3. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Don't know if this is the same stuff as Tex but I use Permectracin. It is for Horses & Cattle and will also keep away ticks. I believe I no longer have any fleas of any kind since using this stuff. Haven't used Advantix this season so far and no problems. Really cheap.......$19 a bottle at the local CO-OP.

4. Any of you guys or Gals know of a web site were i can get some of this stuff you have talked about.. I clean my yard everyday too but theses damn flies are relentless.. Need this stuff bad...

5. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

KV Vet sells the Bronco Equinine Spray...it is the best product I have found for flies...works really well, just spray once per week directly on the dog...

BB

CRG likes this.
  6. Icarus

Icarus O.APBT'S

I have been using the Durvet Flea and tick lawn spray ever since BBK suggested it and I havent seen many flies around since I have been using it. On the label it says it kills most other insects and it does what it says.

CRG likes this.
  7. CRG

CRG Top Dog

where can you get durvet at?

8. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Check your local feed stores and co-ops...

BB

9. Ok thanks for the info Guys/Gals ill get movin on trying to get me some here. These flies are to much got my dogs ears looking bad.. Thanks All..

PEAcE

10. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I've noticed that two of my dogs have flies all over them, while the rest some only 4 ft. away have very few if any around them. Both of them are from the same person, seems like this has some bearing on the situation. Anyone know why this might be?

11. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

thats interesting.. I wonder

I do know that fleas are attracked more to light color dogs (white, etc) than they are dark color dogs..
    Maybe its the same as us people. You notice some people attracked more mosquitos than others..

I also use the bronco spray and some similar horse /stable sprays. I also make sure and spray the yard, dog houses, bedding and where ever the dogs like to lay (of course..remove all food/ water and dog while spraying) Since its water soluble, reapplication is necassary but it works.

It might also be the weather /season.