1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Deer Hunting???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Big Papa, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

i wonder if they will let us use dogs in deer hunting hehe even tho a deer can out run a dog???

2. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

you mean people deer hunt with out dogs??

we don't, but almost everyone around here does it...

3. natas

natas Big Dog

In maine i couldn't imagine daring to bring a dog deer hunting. These people shoot anything including people in the woods. they get so excited to see something they shoot first then think about it. it's scary hanging out in your yard around here during hunting season.

4. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

well i mean jsut in your own back yard like a 20 acre yard that i have........i meant bringing a dog a long.

5. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

vary's from state to state,,,but for those that use a pit to hunt knows you don't just take one along,, a deer jumps up and that dog will be right on it tail and won't give up,they have to much drive but they luv to go huntin,, the deer is plentiful here

6. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

yeah you can use dogs to drive deer too. man if i hit this power ball i want about 200 acres in the south miles from nobody and a house in the city where the clubs are the best. get a lil mix in my life. some acrege some dogs deer four wheelers and lake stocked with bass ahhhhhhhh the good life.

7. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

I let mine run deer in the mountains all the time.

8. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

that powerball is getting out there,,boy if i hit that thing i'de have to work it would drive me crazy for someone to wait on me hand over foot,,,shoot i'de quit in a minute and hire me aa whole house full of people to do all my to do things and ,i saw a guy on TV that won 42 million and just the interest daily he draws off the money was 18000.00 dollars daily,,,yes i said daily,,,Omg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

9. americandream

americandream Top Dog

deer could easliy out run a dog...... and not to meantion they would hear the dog a mile away, and possibly smell him too. maybe your deer down there are a bit more tame but these canadian deer are hard to hunt.

10. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

i got a friend who has promised me a deer a week from her two dogs. She has a husky and a husky mix and they both take down deer by themselves during hunting season. Then drag them up and leave them on her doorstep.

Dogs can do it. You just have to have a dog whos got some drive to him.

11. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

The only other type of dogs I know of that will hunt smaller dear are Basenji's. THese lil dogs are fast as hell and best kept in a pack. THey are barkless and odorless. Well the only time mine really stunk was when he got himself into something, but other than that he was great. He would run with the horses and the cows ALL the time and hang with them with ease. I know I just kinda ran off topic, but I would love to dear hunt with about 5 or 6 of these dogs.

12. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

OK, here's a dumb question, we take the dogs 4 weelin in the pinelands....my Lilly sees a deer she loses her mind, I think if she was loose and ever saw a deer I would never see her again....she would be GONE...so how do you get them back??????? How do you get your dog to come back after they start chasing a deer in the woods.....uuurrrr yes I feel stupid asking this question, but curiosity has gotten the better of me...heh heh

13. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

EITHER THE DOG CATCHES THE DEER KILLS IT THEN RETURNS TO YOU AFTER HOURS OF WORRING AND YELLING AND CALLING

YOU SHOOT THE DEER THEN THE DOGG FOLLOWS DEERS LAST SMEEL TO WHERE YOU KILLED IT AT THEN YOU GET YOUR DOG TUUGING AGAINST YOU AS YOU ARE TRYING TO DRAg IT OUT OF THE WOODS

THE DOG CHASES THE DEER UNTIL IT LOSES SCENT OR GETS SO TIRED THAT THEY STOP AND TURN AROUND TRYING TO HEAR MASTER YELLING CALLING AND WORRIED

14. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Jmo Though Hehehehe

15. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

rives is right ,theres a good chance if it gets after a deer most likely will run till it is lost,itself.because of there drive they just won't stop,,,not a dumb ques.

16. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

i actually tried it 3 times my dog never caught it good thing is because he comes back.......and hes too slow for that but maybe im jsut wrong.

17. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

hopefully the jack pot i will hit it and win me some $$$$$ so that i can by me lands for my dogs and me also may be one with a lake.....i mean i found one with a 20 acre lake and 30 acre land/wood but cost too muuch it was like $625,000.00.

18. americandream

americandream Top Dog

chasing is one thing but taking it down is another. my dogs love to chase cows and other animals but never would bite one. brit likes to chase a ball when i throw it but wont bring it back lol.

19. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

ahh i still dont see her post here too

20. Marty

Marty Guest

You can now, I changed it for ya :)