1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

defensive dogs that had mouth

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Mr.Revolution, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Just wondering if there have been any defensive dogs that have had good mouth?It seems to me this would be a hard combo to beat in a game dog.So if yall know of some please id like to hear of them.And of course use your head b4 posting.Thanks

2. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

nobody? oh well i thought itd be an interesting topic

3. Jockamoe

Jockamoe Banned

Yeah it is but dangerous one too.

4. versatile

versatile Big Dog

seems to me....any dog that fought the face was a defensive dog. most face dogs bit hard.

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

face dog doesn't have to bite hard, thats a spot that 1) no dog likes taking a chewing on and 2) doesn't take much mouth to blow everything up so the damage will look more impressive and most will want to get the fuck out of dodge quick.

there have been defensive dogs with good mouth on them and a good defensive face eater is gonna be very hard to beat.

6. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

very true. so many are impressed with the stifle and gut dogs, a good head dog is hard to beat.

7. versatile

versatile Big Dog

i said MOST face dogs bit hard. face dogs go into the face, mouth, and muzzle. the other dog would shake like hell to get loose. when they would go into each others mouth, the harder biter would usually triumph. the dog has to hang on with an open mouth on skull which is a much harder task than a leg, guts, ear, nuts, chest, or shoulder. the face is not a soft spot and in my opinion.....it's the hardest place to hang on.

8. versatile

versatile Big Dog

when i said triumph i meant force the other dog to go for another hold.

9. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

thats why i said use sense when posting.

10. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

thats what i was thinking.know of any good ones from the past who were known for this?

11. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I don't agree about the nut dog!..through history it has always been a big advantage if u have a nut dog!...very few have won against them!!...having one is like having a cheat code in madden!!..lol

12. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I agree they are hard to beat!!...Wat about throat dogs??...do u all think a head dog is better than a throat dog??...

13. NGK

NGK Top Dog

My father had a real good "betting mans dog" that did more off her back than most would on all fours, bit real hard from bottom and could take a chewing doing it. She never failed a scratch in 4 matches (pre 76 by the way), even when she had to drag herself over. Every dog I have here is down from her in one way or another.

NGK

14. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Have heard of some great ones that would destroy a dog from the bottom!!...(pre 76)

15. versatile

versatile Big Dog

my comment stated that the hardest place to hang on was the face. a nut dog is always a hard dog to beat.

16. versatile

versatile Big Dog

there have been some great ones but i think most dogs lose on the bottom.

17. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Oh ok, my bad!..I see wat u are saying!

18. benthere

the problem with a dog like that is they usually go for the one hold. after a half hour of pushing and not getting it they will probably quit.

19. benthere

take the bottom against the wrong dog and its over quick.

20. benthere

yes they do.