1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

description

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Defend2DaEnd, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

2. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

3. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

oops that was already posted

4. I am writing to them as well. Although I doubt it will change their minds.

5. OK, here is what I emailed them (didn't care to spell proof...sorry. It was all emotion and little time):

I read the "dog fighting" material on your site. I will tell you that at least 50% of the information you gave is misleading (to say the least).
    If you study the history of the APBT, you will learn that this breed was created and is maintained (by true breeders) to be non-human aggressive. Please note there is a world of difference between human vs animal aggression. dogs correctly bred "game" will have more stable temperaments than your average dog sold in animal shops (animals bred in puppy mills).
    The problem is that the media invented things such as "bait animals" and those street kids have believed it to be the method of training to fight. That is not the case. The game-bred APBT has been bred down from generations to fight. They naturally love to fight. No training involved in it. Either it will do it on its own (who wants a dog forced to fight? Anything 'forced' will quickly quit).
    After the contest. professional Dogman have been trained to care for their athlete in every respect. I compare it to boxing. Each boxer has a cutman in their corner. Equally, each athlete dog has an man/women experienced in medical attention in their team for immediate attention the each bout.
    Please, if you are open-minded, do a search on true Pit dogs with pictures. You will not see any bold spots (due to wounds that badly healed, etc). In fact, these dogs are fed the best kibble or raw diets available. None of your grocery store foods for our dogs.
    Why do keep game-bred dogs in chain set-ups? because of their nature, they would attack each other. Rather than keep them in kennels (small cages), we give them space and protection.
    In conclusion, things are not always the way MEDIA or extremist organization paint it. There is good, bad, and ugly in most things humans do. Why condemn a sport where two dog athletes face off but love when two human athletes meet in the ring?
    Let's check our priorities.