1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Desert Rats Doc Holiday

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by StraightGame, Sep 9, 2006.

1. StraightGame

StraightGame Big Dog

can anyone tell me some info on DESERT RATS DOC HOLIDAY? Like to get some history on this dog and his line more.

[​IMG]

2. hillbilly

hillbilly Big Dog

3. short1

short1 Big Dog

Is is a very fine dog he is brother to to ch ringo, ch dauphnine and ch wrangler the dog that happened to beat the dog of the year in 05 (ch awesome buck) He is a very well rounded dog laid back and just a real good dog
    we just made 2 breeding to him and am very pround of the pups
    I have 2 other dogs off of him and they seem to be very nice so far!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2006
  4. dog-man

dog-man Big Dog

Hey.................... thats my Achilles daddy!:)

5. short1

short1 Big Dog

yes that is

6. Awesome Buck is not the DOY of 05; get your facts straight. And even though Wrangler beat Awesome Buck, he was exposed as being a rough cur his next hunt; no credit given to him anymore.

Good luck with your pups/dogs of Doc Holiday.

7. short1

short1 Big Dog

sorry wasnt sure what year he made dog of the year honestly thought it was o5 sorry for mistake he asked about the family
    wasnt there for any of wrangler so couldnt tell ya(only what I heard and heard Won number 4 NOT in good fashion but went out one more time for number 5 and went dg so unless u know better its all just hear say when I say doc is a good dog I speak form experiance !

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2006
  8. StraightGame

StraightGame Big Dog

i like both macho and doc. has anyone heard of onion head the dog i got is out of onion head an bullyson. I would like to see onionhead does anyone have a pic ?

9. hillbilly

hillbilly Big Dog

are you talking about BWB Onionhead?

10. StraightGame

StraightGame Big Dog

i am not sure i jus know onion head and bullyson is what my dog is out of

11. ChAnimal

ChAnimal Big Dog

So? He is still a cur just the right pressure wasnt on him?

12. You are right, he did win #4; I forgot about that one. Thanks for bringing that up. Plus I think DOY went to AC for '05. I don't know if that is correct, and it doesn't mean anything to me anyway. But yes the comment on Wrangler is from hear say and that is all anything said will be unless there is someone who saw the hunt clarify. That's good that you got to see Doc in action and once again good luck with your dogs off of him. I have a granddaughter of Awesome Buck and have HIGH hopes for her. ALL of her older siblings proved to be labeled as good dogs and I pray she turns out to be the same or even better.

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I have spoke to a few people regarding the #4 hunt of Wrangler, and nearly everyone I've talked to who was there says this was not the same Wrangler they were used to. He was out of it, not himself mentally. Most who witnessed it said there had to of been a rub of some kind used....

Did they just loose some $$ on Wrangler and are looking for excuses or not, who knows. But its worth mentioning imo, especially if he went deadgame after that show.

14. short1

short1 Big Dog

well Im glad to hear you have granddaughters off of awesome buck
    I do like the dog! wouldnt mind having some of the blood but right now we run the stonewall blood and alligator/chinaman weve talked about crossing into some of the buck blood time will tell
    but Ive seen all of the bother and sisters to wrangler except the first litter the breeding was repeated 4 times and in those 4 breeding leroy and daphney went rom all I can say is its a solid line of dogs
    Not making excusess for wrangler Ive heard both sides some say he didnt courtasy others say couldnt I truelly dont know all I know is they took him out for his grand championship 3 month after number 4 and I heard number 4 was a hard one ! not alot of time for recovery

15. Thanks for the regards on my Awesome Buck granddaugter. Her older siblings from the first breeding are regarded as first class dogs and her half siblings, from the mom, who is the daughter of Awesome Buck, is producing very well.

I heard the same thing you stated and there is going to be different things said and believed; it comes with the sport, lol. From looking at Doc/Wrangler's pedigree, it is very well bred and if I was into that blood I wouldn't expect anything short of Grade A quality bulldogs. TTK shouldn't have taken Wrangler out that soon, I agree, and any dog needs a good amount of rest between hunts. Curious though, TTK didn't like Mayday dogs right? I'm a Mayday fan so I guess you can see why I believe he curred out, lol.

16. short1

short1 Big Dog

17. short1

short1 Big Dog

short 1 i am sorry .I am new to this site and said my bitch doc/rocca was yours i apoligse

18. polecat

polecat Pup

there now i have it right------ sorry short 1dont know my computer that good -------now i have desert rats ch doc holladay/carpetmans-roccas daughter what afine dog thinking of breeding

19. mrssfn78

mrssfn78 Pup

I'm looking for breeders that have dogs off of Desert Rat's stock...
    CH Ringo and CH Doc Holiday, CH Dauphine and now CH Wrangler! Also Merlin 1, Shorty, Tennessee 2 and Alabama 2

deadgame@live.it

:p

20. osk

osk Pup

I heard ch wranglers kidneys were not up to the task and the owners were made aware of that, but went forward with number 5 none the less? I like them doggies