1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog chow VS ol roy high performance

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Studentofthegame, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

I havnt seen that 1 yet, but then I don't shop for dogfood at Walmart, but I'm very curious about this 1 you mentioned...how much does this 1 cost you, & for how many lbs??
    Thanks!!!

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I saw it a while back from what I remember it wasnt cheap..but cant remember exact price.

3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Man wish there was a Costco around!

5. sweetscience

sweetscience Big Dog

Thanks for everyones input. After reading this thread i went to a web site Dog food Advisor, checking out some kibble of intrest. I read a disturbing article on the first page, 44,ooo pounds of fake meat was confiscated in China. I am not sure if it affects any of the brands mentioned in this thread.

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Brand called Victor or Victory has grain free 40# for $42 at feed store I go to. Thinks that's cheapest grain free ive seen, besides the Diamond with the rice in it. But wouldn't rice be considered a grain? I'm no farmer but I would have thought so. Hey I also need sum help I got one hound that has a super high metabalism something I can't get him to gain a pound even if I feed double for a week!!! Anybody knw a high fat food that would throw sum weight on one

7. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

Right? Rice usually isn't included in a grain free diet. Don't know why. As for high fat, get a tub of lard.

8. "GIT EM" RedGoodbye!! That's right...

9. Anyone using or have used The Pride Endurance Plus it is 24/20 protein/fat...?

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Why not just go eco raw? Its cheaper than the cheapest kibble.......

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

@ cajun closest one i found is Montgomery thats too far from me..Bham and Hville got one to.

12. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

i would go to the meat store and buy some beef suet (

13. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Rice is a grain but its better on my dogs than the corn,wheat and soy.And the regular Diamond is corn,wheat and soy free but has rice in it.Its some dam good feed for dogs not being used.

15. ANYONE??At all....

16. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

Never heard of it, but I've fed sportmix stamina which looks similar and liked it.

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

no ones saying to feed a dozen dogs tate of the wild, however..... if you have 10 dogs on Ol roy, but your still out buying beer everynight....blowin the bank on ciggarettes,weed,liquor, whatever..... maybe its time to reduce the number of dogs so they can live a higher quality of life................ its one thing to be broke and make ends meet....however, its another to be a cheap fuck..........

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Laced that was a good post man.I do splurge once a week and buy a 30 pack of Bush lite for 17 bucks...Lol but one bag of Diamond is 33.

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Oh dont get me wrong....I spend too.....too much...lol....but my dogs eat good........

20. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

I buy cheap whiskey every month or two. If I'm not eating filet mignon, my dogs sure aren't. Lol...