1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog chow VS ol roy high performance

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Studentofthegame, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

lol I got friends that say man how do you drink that shit.Well when I didnt have alot of cash when I was younger I got use to drinkin this..Now I just like it lmao.

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Couldn't have said it any better

3. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Maybee if ur spending 50 a bag of 30 pound feed to feed ten fuckin hounds that money would be beter spent on yo momma or wife/significant other or son or daughter...than on some damn dogs...diffrent strokes for different strokes but to look down you're nose at others because you feed high priced kibble is no diffrent than looking down on a petson for eating ramon noodles insted of lobster....maybe the person eating ramon noodles should stop buying ciggs and buy better food??? Maybee so...but...ur still being a judgemental asshole for looking down on him....jmo

4. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

As long as your dogs look good who cares? Now if they look like shit and you feed garbage maybe you should upgrade or cut back on the # of hounds.

5. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Mufukkas on some tall leggeded ass horses round this bitch the type so high u die if u fall off lmao...But hell who am I LWG got this shit figgured out...swim keeps and all lmao...if an oldtimer can't get accross to him I won't....No real dogger I've ever met fed high priced kennel to there chaindogs period..nor do thay use swim keeps lmao.... might swim a dog here n there during a keep to switch things up or work an imposable dog to work any other way than throwing him to the water and makeing him swim for his life lmao.. But no serious dogman has a keep centered around swiming...

6. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Agreed usa Minor but if there dogs look like shit I know from past experience it ain't from feeding ol roy . With the exception of maybe a dog with food alergys? I dunno I don't feed dogs with food alergys ?lol

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Red ill say one thing ..I will feed raw bfore I start payin 50 for a 30 lb bag lol..I see where you comin from man if ya cant afford it u just cant.I aint judgin no one for what they feed and have said this on other threads as well.I have been blasted on this forum because I like Purina puppy chow for pups..Thats some good shit and I still like it lol.But hell I fed Ole Roy for a long time man.I gave a legit reason for not feeding it anymore in one of my above post.I just didnt blast it with no reason for my situation.

8. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

I don't even buy pop to mix it. If it's real cheap, I'll mix with ice or a little water. Remember Red Dog "premium" beer? Lol.... $ 11 for a case of 30.

My buddy's dog is allergic to everything. Probably even dog dander. If he feeds anything other than what he's feeding now, his dog goes to crap. Allergic to eggs, grass, chicken, flies, trees, etc...

9. Pops 1

Pops 1 Pup

I feed puppy chow and really like it. I have used Purina Dog Chow in the past.

10. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I know me personally....I don't look down on nobody for what they do. But, that sure doesn't mean I can't have a opinion. And my opinion is that, in my experience with corn based kibble, I didn't have damn near as good of results as I did with grain free kibble. If you think your dogs do good on corn based kibble....who is anybody to tell you diff, but that sure doesn't mean it's good for your dogs.

11. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

Yes flipside, he supplements RF1 to. I think mostly to hounds that need a lil extra or having problems. Bot sure if he gives it all the time with the amount of hounds he has. I use it aswell sometimes. It's good shit. Good quality. I'd recommend it if you can afford it.

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

wow did i strike a sensitive spot....... ok well, here it goes....... across the nation you can buy a a 40lb bag of decent kibble for roughly $35......... now i pay 4x that for a month worth of feed...... and thats in the highest cost of living state there is....... if you cant afford to spend $35 a bag, for a few bags of food then, really ....... you dont need to own so many.......IMO,....its not about being judgemental,.... i dont look down on my neighbors for what they dont have....however, i do judge them (as dumbass's & selfish) for taking on responsibilities they dont have business taking on......... if your struggling to feed your wife & kid & make ends meet.....and still feeding a yard of dogs.....well.....id say your priorities in life are a little fucked up!........who am i to judge? nobody......but im not starving, my girl aint starving, my bills are paid..........and my dogs for damn sure aint starving. hobby,way of life,passion.... whatever these dogs are to you........ they aint cheap, and while it doesnt take a rich man to own and raise one of these dogs......IT DOES take a financially stable person to maintain a yard of dogs............ if thats a bitter pill to swallow, well,....sorry.... lol

13. Thanks St.Ides...Anyone Else??just asking!

14. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Bamaman my post wernt directed at you . Dimond is a sensable decent feed and I ain't knocking no one for feeding high cost kibble or low or medum cost kibble for that madder ...That is exactly my point if a fella is feeding a yard of healthy dogs whom he cleans up after well provides good shelter proper confinment, veternary care ....u know all the IMPORTANT stuff who realy gives a fuck or judges a man for what kind of kibble he feeds...to imply that if he feeds corn based kibble he's a lesser dogman who is struggleing to feed his family and needs to buy less ciggerets and alcohol etc...Well if you can't see what kind of judgemental ass it takes to spew some bullshit like that ..well...I ain't got time for folks that can't see bullshit that is that obvious. I'm simply the one callin you out on you're outlandish assholeness lol. Witch is already legendary lmao. So go ahead and think u struck a nerve because I'm struggleing to feed both family and dogs lol..Those that know me ...well know me...you do not ...

15. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

P.S. Teqnicly if you're kids or future kids ain't set for life....were all fuckkin of good hard earned money on a hoby all money spent on all hobys could have ben spent more responsably. What have you done for you're church comunity etc... and ur fuckkin off good money on high priced feed...See we can all be judgemental assholes if we want....its easy lol

16. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

main reason i dont fuck with ol roy or pedigree is the bha in it. times get hard i will and have fed dog chow. shit sams club sells 55pnds. bags for 24bucks if that aint an economy feed i dont know what is.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Man I have thought about grain free but when I look at the price and then look at the bag only being 35 lbs well shit Id have to buy 3 bags every 2 weeks.Thats what pisses me off about high priced kibble is the dam 35 lb bags.I mean dam at least make a 40lb bag.I am just not gone do it.Diamond is good only thing about it is U have to becareful on the amount u give them cause it dam sure will put weight on them.But its good feed dont get me wrong.Thier is dam sure a adjustment period when feeding regular Diamond.

18. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

Rural King carries a feed called Kennel Crunch. 50lb for $15. There's a guy I work with that swears by it.

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I know a old timer right now thats no longer in the game they won alot of fast lane matches back in the day.Been breeding these dogs around 50 yrs and they are feeding right now green bag Purina Dog Chow.Have been feeding it for over 5 yrs now.

20. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

The one thing I refuse to feed is a kibble that is something other than brown. I've never seen a healthy dog eating food that is red, green, or whatever different colors there are.