1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog chow VS ol roy high performance

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Studentofthegame, Oct 6, 2013.

1. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

No offence taken I know Peon well enuf to know he could care less what the next mad does with his animals..as long as we agree here ...were good

2. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

I'am one that beleives that also the climate that you, & your dogs live in (Hot/Cold) has a lot to do with what kibble works well for you, & what does not work for you if your really in tune with, & care for your dogs...JMO

2 kibbles that have worked well for me in my area along with various meats, & bones that I feed(Chicken/Turkey/Beef/Pork)...yes kibble, & raw, its what has worked best for me for many years now!

RAW meats, & bones I get for free, & up to .50 cents a lb depending which of my 4 sources I pick up from!

$35 for 40lbs Strongpoint Naturally Premium chicken, & rice Naturally Premium Dog Food | StrongPoint

$30 for 40lbs Nutra Nuggets Lamb, & Rice Nutra Nuggets | Products | Nutra Nuggets | Dogs | Dry Food

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

you DAM right climate got somethin to do with it

4. keystone

keystone CH Dog

buying kibble aka dry dog food ...
    most people try this and this and it has a lot to do with the prize ..specialy when you 10 or 12 dogs .
    we(with a friend) buying direct of royale canine .........
    the deal is we buy not les then 10 bags(17 kilo one bag) each time .
    when ever we want .....
    + buyer history ........that give's us 50% discount
    so we say ..build up relation with your dogfood dealer ......the best way to get good price .

5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

we are not allowed to make bisniss with this bags ...agreement

6. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

You really only need to worry about protein and fat % if you work your dogs. For a pet our couch potato to much of either can be a bad thing. The only complaint I have with TOTW is that it's Diamond. They have a shit ton of recalls. So I prefer Blue wilderness or Blue buffalo over TOTW only for that purpose. There is another company called Earthborn Holistics that offer a holistic and grain free that's made in the USA that I've used and they have never had a recall and food quality is just as good. Price is the same aswell. Depends on the meal choice you choose has a higher protein content. I think I did coastal catch last. It was 33 protein and 14 fat. I use it for one of my pups that has a chicken allergy so anything containing chicken or chicken meal causes his coat to come out in patches. Had no problems since with Earthborn. Blue Wilderness contains chicken meal in every variety of meal so I can't do that with him either. But...blue buffalo basics is of course the same company and offer a "Basics" food that contains only the essential without egg soy dairy chicken or artificial flavors. So it works well to and priced fair. Only thing it contains brown rice. But I'm on the fence about feeding some grains vs grain free. If you think of it like this, yes a dog is a carnivor...wolfs eat meat correct? Well..while eating meat they eat the stomach contents of small game. Which contains nuts and grains. So...they probably eat that shit in the wild in small amounts. I don't know about y'all..but my bulldogs each all kinds of shit they aren't supposed to. Whatever they can find laying around. Hickory nuts, grass, sticks, rocks, paper...whatever lol. So just find ya a good kibble that you can afford that works well with your bulldog and your good to go. I throw in a half multivitamin for shits and giggles and supplement RF1 on occasion when needed. Like if I'm working a dog. Il replenish him with a good kibble and a cup of RF1 then he's good to go.

7. keystone

keystone CH Dog

yes first eat ..the organs ..because there are the vitamone's coming from ....
    then the red meat ...to get a filled up feeling ...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if you can't pay the right food for your 10 dogs .....cul 5 ......or peddling a bit harder .

8. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

I've seen that Earthborn Holistics, & it looks like a good kibble, but the price for it out my way is a little steep if your feeding a lot of dogs!

Now that Blue Buffalo, & Blue Wilderness are good kibbles that I like, & have used for a long time period in a kibble, & RAW mix...their price is also to high if your feeding several dogs, but what helps me is I have a hook up to get 20lb bags for $10-$15 a bag!

Here are the links to the 2 I was getting...I would just mix the both of them together to get the protein, & fat ratios close to where I wanted them!

BLUE Buffalo Wilderness - Natural Evolutionary Chicken Diet for Dogs – Grain Free

BLUE Basics Grain Free Turkey dog food, a limited ingredient diet

9. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

Yea that wilderness you posted looks good. I think the Earthborn is 23 bucks a bag give or take. If I had a lot of dogs to feed, which I don't...I'd look into buying bulk of a quality kibble...like the ones you just posted. Maybe you do that already I dunno..was just saying.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

stay hungry my friends! lol
    [​IMG]

11. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

lmao...funny shit!!

12. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

I hear you, but yeah that Earthborn is $45.50 before taxes for a 28lb bag in my area! LOL

13. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

Really? That may be about the same as here I can't remember. It's been a while. Been feeding Blue recently because the lady at the feed store is got it at a good price. I thought about TOTW, it's a tad cheaper but them recalls worry me. I only got a few dogs to feed so I can splurge a little more on feed. Plus my hounds are all 38-50 pounds...I'm not feeding some big ass bulldogs so they don't eat quite as much. Two to two and a half cups a day. Keeps them nice and lean. They stay conditioned all year round. I do supplement RF1 about once or twice a week. That's what cost the most so it's fed sparingly after a hard workout or a hunt. Mainly their good bowl looks like this...1 and a 1/2 cup Blue, 1/2 a multi vitamin, and teaspoon of Salmon oil. Just helps with coat and helps burn fat easier. Omega 3 and 6 are good fat burners in dogs and humans for that matter. I feed treats to but they are also from Blue. Man, I couldn't imagine having more bulldogs. I would be broke and wore out so my hats off to y'all that have several. Especially ones that take pride in caring for them and keeping them in good condition. I don't see how y'all are able to even work a full time job lol. I got OCD so it would drive me insane lol

14. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

15. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

Lol shit I had to look up how y'all are making those...that's pretty cool man. I'm gonna be making a few of my own. Stay thirsty my friends! Cheers!

16. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Lol...had to strike back

17. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Red, Not Nice!!!!

18. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Lol I'm Sorry I'm sorry I don't know what came over me lmao
    [​IMG]

19. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog