1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"dog food"

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by brendalrednblues, Oct 22, 2009.

1. "dog food"

What's the main diff between dog and cat food? One brand has a cat food with the same ingredients besides chicken and fish, but its got a lot more protien.

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Re: "dog food"

Cats have very different nutritional requirements among them is a need for much higher protein levels.

3. Re: "dog food"

I get that, my thought is that the food is probably suitable for dogs too since all the ingredients r the same other than the meat

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

It really depends on the amount of calories provided by cup. Can give the ingrediants of the food and post the nutritional facts protein %, fat%, etc?

5. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

cats also HAVE TO HAVE taurine to survive, so you cannot feed a dog food without taurine to a cat. they will eventually die as their brain and heart shut down.

6. davlin47

davlin47 Pup

Hi

Obviously cat Foodhas different nutrients than dog food but if my cats eat dog food and my dog eats cat food, will it harm any of them? Is there really that much difference?

Eating the others food once in a while wont do any harm.Don't encourage it or let them,because as you mentioned their nutritional needs are not the same,A strict diet of cat food for a dog,or vice versa would not be healthy at all,but if your dog occasionally sneaks a bit of the cats food,you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 436pt;" width="581" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 436pt;" width="581"><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt; width: 436pt;" width="581" height="20">Rabbit Hutch</td> </tr></table>