1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog has runny poo and is throwing up.

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by APBT121, Jun 9, 2013.

1. APBT121

APBT121 Pup

I've got a 5 month old pup and he's been throwing up and he's poo is really runny. Does this sound like a diet related problem?

2. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

It could be that or anything. Take him to a vet

3. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Could be parvo also. Take the pup to the vets. Better safe then sorry.

4. APBT121

APBT121 Pup

Easy thanks for that

5. MajorPain

MajorPain Big Dog

Parvovirus would be my biggest concern. Does your pup have all his shots?

6. mma316

mma316 Pup

I almost lost a good one to parvo. He was 5 months old at the time just like your dog. It started suddenly, and a rapid decline followed. The vet was able to save him, but it costed a good amount of money. He's a full grown(7 years old) big boy. He was worth it though. The faster that your dog is seen by the vet the better the outcome. Hope that he gets better soon.

7. APBT121

APBT121 Pup

I took the pup to the vet and they told me it was to do with diet change. But then I asked about this small lump on the side of him so they had a look and came to tell me he was abused. Its a broken rib that's healed in the direction it was broken and theirs nothing they can obviously do. He's fine but after knowing that I didn't want to leave the other pups so I went and bought the last three for my uncles farm. Hes happy, their happy and im broke. Ha

8. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Good to hear. Money comes and goes. But a good 1 is priceless.

9. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

Lol so if a puppy has a broken rib it was abused??? What a diagnosis. Nope couldn't have been an accident, it was obviously beaten because mistakes never happen.

10. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I smell a dog fighting story.

11. skratchr81

skratchr81 Big Dog

Lol! I had a pup once get her eye bit out by her littermate.

12. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

No way that happened. The puppy was obviously abused and that's how it lost its eye.

13. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

LMFAO.... maybe you need a new vet dude. one that won't jump to conclusions without any evidence. i know i wouldn't take mine to a vet like that, i might be accused of abuse or worse!