1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dogs, livestock or "people"?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by purplepig, Feb 22, 2008.

1. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

dogs, livestock or "people"?

(continued , a reply to Dixie chick)

They are livestock, and you are trying to treat them like people, and therefore, you have swallowed one of the big pills of the humaniac agenda. Do animals have feelings? Yes they do. Pigs, horses, cows, dogs, cats, etc., but that does not make them people. They have different nutritional needs than people, and they arent as psychologically fragile as people, and they arent as dumb as some folks also. I have never seen a dog try to be a bird, nor have I seen a fish try to be a horse. Dogs are happy being dogs. And when you try and make them "people", then you are trying to make them something they are not. Why do you think the top dog trainers tell you you must learn how a dog thinks, and to learn pack behavior in order for the dog to have a well adjusted life.
    Now, granted, I do not feed my dog chips while I watch tv, nor do I take the dog to a shrink, but they do just fine.

I have a question for you, what orginazation are you affiliated with? How many dogs do you have? And just how many is the acceptable # of dogs to have according to your propoganda?

I promise you, the more your line of thinking is popularized and implemented, the worse the world is getting, not the more humane, the worse. This is undisputable. The disemination of imformation that you are spreading is putting honest hard working good folks in a bad way. I am not speaking of the mv's in the world, but good folks. What if one day there was a law that said if you spread unsubstantiated information out, you would lose your house, lose you checking account, and any other thing you had that was of value? You say ,'there have been studies to back up what I am saying", by who? There were also studies that said that it was benificial for a child to have sex with it's parent, psychology 101. What about the report that was supposedly taken from "random" people, but later turned out to be folks that were in prison for sex crimes? What if one day all the pedifiles promote their teaching, and your "experts" say that child molestation is benificial for children, are you gona jump on that bandwagon?

I have said this b4, people are spitting out the big lies they are propogating, and swallowing the little lies, piece by piece. I'd prefer that if you are a humaniac just to keep you mouth shut. You have the teaching of "save the trees, but kill the children", you like to see animals taken away from folks, but have no problem with a unborn babies brain being sucked out of their head. Makes me sick. You may call yourself "educated" and "caring", but the viel you hide behind is very thin.

2. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

Re: dogs, livestock or "people"?

I have nothing to add but i just want you to know i think this is a great post purple. I couldn't have said it better.

3. Aurora

Aurora Pup

Very well written Purple pig . I wish i was as well spoken . It's been very clear that when emotions are brought into the humaiac propaganda it works on the feint of heart . These people are experts at humanizing animals in print and rhetoric but when it comes down to it are cruel as the day is long .

Whats happening here is peoples RIGHTS are being trampled on . Animals ARE livestock .

Genesis 1:26

Then God said , " Let us make man in our image , in our likeness and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air , over the livestock , over all the earth , and over all the creatures that move along the ground ."

These atheist , animal hating extremists have posed themselves to the public in such a way as to make anyone not conforming to a 3 dog on the couch rule as being cruel . If they are tethered in anyway its cruel . I'll never understand how killing human friendly dogs by HSUS is humane . Steal them from honest citizens , make up dog fighting allegations , plaster it on the 5:00 news and call it helpfull to society . What a crock .

ANYONE who doesn't feel their rights as dog owners being encroached upon is insane .

4. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

I see dogs not as livestock or people, but as DOGS.

I don't believe dogs should be treated as cattle or hogs in a feedlot (you guys do know what happens in those places don't you? and I'm not just talking about the killing part); man has evolutionarily and culturally had a different relationship with dogs than with "livestock" (I'm talking about the culture in THIS country).

And they sure as hell aren't people! The humanization that many people have done to their dogs is as bad as treating them as livestock!

They are dogs; and if that needs explaining, then I am very sad.

Dreamer

5. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Great response!

6. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

You know Dreamer, if it wasn't for the HSUS, we wouldn't even have horrible treatment of livestock in feedlots. However, they have made it so damn difficult for the average, "small-time" farmer to keep his animals and profit from it that they have NO CHOICE but to sell to these big name companies, who in turn take the animals to feed lots where there is no care at all, and sell them for twice as much as they paid the farmer, but still get off even cheaper because they put such little care into them while the animals is there for a week. The HSUS is the root of all evil in the animal industry. And if you think they aren't, good lord, you're in for a rude awakening.

Perhaps you don't see dogs as livestock, and perhaps you're right. I don't see them as livestock. To me, they are my PROPERTY. I bought them, I hold OWNERSHIP papers on them, and I have taken care of them just like I do my truck, or my house. Dogs should be working animals and serve a purpose JUST LIKE LIVESTOCK. Dogs were originally kept as a working animal. The caveman used them for meat/fur/gaurding, the indians used them for pulling carts, hunting, and even for food. They have always served a purpose as a working animal. It's people like you who have given dogs an "excuse" for not following thier original purpose. Dogs have now turned into ill-tempered, pissing themselves, quick to bite, scaredy-cats!!! Today's dog (of any breed) is just a shell of his former self. All this beauty parlor, massage therapy, dressing up bullshit has completly ruined canis major as a whole. We will never see little Cairn Terriers catching mice like they were originally intended to do. We will never see the mastiff going fearlessly in to battle along side a hundred soldiers. We will never again see the Cocker Spaniel running through a field flushing birds for the hunter to take home to feed his family. Dogs were originally bred to work and if you happened to befriend a great one along the way, he may have gotten a little better treatment than the others, but he still never came into the house and lounged around like a fat, lazy hog. He still knew his job, and he did it well! The same still holds true for me today. If I have a dog who doesn't catch hogs, bye! If he doesn't work the cows like he should, bye! Hell, I have one that keeps my feed shed free of mice, and if she fails at her job, she'll be gone too.

It has always been a great hope of mine that people would once again realize the intended purpose of the dog. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that will ever happen:(

215pitts likes this.
  7. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

It just can't happen as "progress" takes over. Can't hunt wolves and all that....today, there are probably as many high-drive working dogs as there need to be; when there are too many and they have to live in inappropriate environments, they suffer. People just don't live in such a way that they require dogs like that around.

But you see dogs as dogs. I don't have a problem with your vision. You treat them as dogs. I agree about the beauty parlor stuff! Would that the 60, high drive dogs chained in close proximity get the same freedom and chance to do a job man needs him for....

Dogs are property, but a special kind. Do you want them treated by society purely as inanimate "property"?

Dreamer

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2008
  8. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

That was the best post Ive ever read on this forum. Reps to you purplepig!!!

9. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

Dreamer, yes, I do want them labeled as inanimate property. That's my personal opinion, and it will probably never change, unless of course one of my dogs actually gets up and starts cooking me dinner and doing my grocery shopping;)

10. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

LOL! I HOPE my dogs never do that. Then they wouldn't be DOGS! and that would be a shame.

Dreamer

11. Dixiegal

Dixiegal Pup

WOW, I think you should have sent this to Ingrid Newkirk, not to me. MY post had nothing to do with what is or isn't legal - in my opinion, no one should be able to tell you how to care for your animals, legally. Again - you're doing the same kind of generalizing that you claim to hate when it's done to you. You bring in abortion, feeding dogs potato chips - wtf??? All I did was comment about keeping 60 dogs. I never mentioned any studies, sometimes I wonder who it is you are responding to.

Spew your hatred at someone else - not at me. I'm not the problem. Everyone here is obviously angry at what is going on, and rightly so. But you don't get to use me as your poster child for the "humaniacs", because you would have the wrong person.

I'll ask you - do you want to be lumped in with Mike Vick, and every gangbanger dogfighter who throws their dogs out in some back alley somewhere? Becuase as far as I know, you both hate PeTA. That's probably all you have in common, but the media lumps you all into one. I'll ask you - how do you like it?

12. youngheeler

youngheeler Big Dog

sumthin smells funny

13. Dixiegal

Dixiegal Pup

I'll add another thing. I think that the AR nuts out there have done alot of damage, certainly they have where people here are concerned. So if anyone comes here smelling even remotely AR all hell breaks loose. It's too bad, becuase you made some good points - I'm not completely closed minded and I can talk about anything even with someone with whom I disagree. Maybe that isn't the norm around here - it doesn't appear to be. I'll leave you to it.

14. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Wow great post Purplepig.

15. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

[font=&quot]Those who scream for Tolerance at us refuse to Tolerate us. Those who say “You cannot legislate morality” yet that is exactly what they have done with our property…. What you do with Your Property should be between you and GOD alone… What we should focus on is being Professional and being Gentlemen, and the rest will fall into place.[/font]

16. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

You hit it right on the mark purple in todays day and age we live in a place were people care more about there pets then they do there own kids. If a little girl gets raped or somthing of that matter it not a big whoop but when they talk about a dog bust and pitbulls men its like a fire burning through some thick brush.

17. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I said what I have said to you because of the language you use. You use the language of an animal rights activist, just on a lower key. When you begin to judge people and say it is impossible to take good care of "60 dogs", you have passed sentence using the same theology of an AR person, either knowingly or unknowingly. It may be that you arent old enough to have been in a society untarnished by the PETA folks. It is very apparant that some of your belief system has been infiltrated with their agenda, and that is exactly what I had posted. It may be that you get on the defensive of what I have said. I am only calling things how they are. And if you are unable to objectively open your eyes and see what I am saying, it is a very good thing that you dont have 60 dogs, and hopefully you arent breeding dogs, because you'd not be able to judge your yard in the light of truth either.

As to the dogs not being livestock, being different than livestock. Do you not know that many people have had, and still do have, much comraderie with their livestock? In this country? EX, horses. How many folks who own horses are emotionally attached to them. Livestock does not mean "food". It means that you have stock(possesions), and these possesions are "live". Livestock. You can train a chicken just like a dog. You can train a pig, a horse, heck, even milk cows get spoken to like they are a pet.

Dixie chick, I am not trying to attack you, but I will expose the humaniac view every chance I get, whether a person has it in ignorance, or in conspiracy. Otherwise, my dogs will be that much closer to disappearing.

If you have taken offense to what I have said, I am sorry. I am simply making a point.
    Cheers!

18. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Sad aint it?

19. Dixiegal

Dixiegal Pup

Okay - just to clear one thing up - I was born quite a few years before there ever was a PeTA, and the only thing I ever knew about them once they did form was that they used to go to fashion shows in New York and spray people with red paint. I thought they were a bunch of lunatics - I still do. As for using "their language", maybe they are using mine. :)

The only agenda I have picked up is that I don't breed dogs - never have, but after working in a shelter I can see that there are way too many already. I understand that people still have good reasons for doing it - breeding for work or show - but I personally would not do it.

I don't want your dogs to disappear, and if innocent people are being rounded up based on some BS agenda then that is a travesty that needs to be stopped.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2008
  20. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I am glad to hear you say that. It is a great travesty. I believe the whole humaniac agenda is demonic. Heck, the whole peta thing was begun by a woman who is an admitted athiest, and who thinks she is on the same level of being as a dog. I believe she should have been placed into a psych ward, and then anyone who follows her teaching should be right there with her!! Her and her animal liberationists!!(I have been doing some digging!!)