1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dogs Pads

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by FreakinWindows, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Well this is my problem now i have one of my males always going at his Sire and it seems he has hurt the bottom of his pads.. When i mean hurt after looking at them he has 1 that had a little bleeding on it and the others looked like they were worn down..Sort of what it looks like when someone falls down from running and scrapes there skin off.. Is there anything you Guys or Gals know of that i can apply to the pads to help heal them up?? I know that one of them must be realy sore because he tends to try to stay off it when he is not going at the other dogs..

2. Redtail74

Redtail74 Big Dog

I'm sure theres something out there but I would just watch it and make sure it doesnt get infected and it will heal with time.

3. first off the pads of dogs feet are probably the most painful when they are damaged....the healing time is long. ok..dont laugh but other than my pits i also have 2 aussies and they are roamers and often come home with foot problems. my remedy on their pads is to keep preparation H on them. i apply it about 3 times a day. it is also good for rough and scratched padzs...learned this trick when my daughter was showing pigs. good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2004
  4. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Super glue...It works...lol...For real it does...

5. AC

AC Big Dog

I use petroleum jelly on their paws to prevent damage. It's been helping a lot.

6. Ok thanks for all the info.. Ill try it out.. Thanks again..

PEAcE;)

7. BDK

BDK oo7

ok you may want to start out by using.A chlorhexiderm wash on him <available at feed stores> after you get it clean you may want to dress the pads with a dreesing such as TRI-CARE it will help stop the pain and aid the healing it is good stuff contains benzocaine for the pain and basically a triple antibiotic mix but works very well and keeps the flies away from the blood .>also i think someone mentioned preparation h and yes crazy as it sounds it will help the swelling and the pain go away hope this helps .............