1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Don Mayfield vs Barney Fife

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by CHINADOG, Nov 4, 2006.

1. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

I would like too hear your opinion on wich dogman did better in the game.

Thanks

2. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

I would like too add that this schould NOT be a bashing on either of the 2 dogmen, only i would like your opinion on wich was breeding the best and doing best in the game, in your opinion...

Thanks

3. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

I want to say probably Don Mayfield. He put out more than Fife.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2006
  4. I also go with Don Mayfeild. I liked his dogs better and they seemed to be better in the pit, not saying that Barney Fife's dogs werent good.

(this is pit4life)

5. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

Please give me a reason why you think this or this is did better in your opinion..
    I think could be interesting:)

Thanks

6. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

They weren't from the same era so it is an unfair comparison. Don was a breeder and a pioneer in conditioning methods. Ben bred his dogs but was better known for his conditioning. His old keep is still around. You'd have to say that Don had the bigger impact.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Which impact are we talking about, conditioning, breeding, showing? It depends what aspect we are talking about, for which man was the better of the two. I think they were both very good at what they did, and theres nothing that can be taken away from either man.

8. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

I think conditioning and "showing" comes too 1....without a good conditioning what you have?Or maybe i misunderstood what you ment 14rock..:)
    Not trying to take away anything from those 2 great men...just want too hear different opinions from different people about wich in your mind did best in the actual game...
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2006
  9. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Thats Right! I have used Bens Keep my self and I must say that is Good solid advice he gave me. Both Are a big part of our world. YIS J

10. short1

short1 Big Dog

I dont now I think I would go with mayfield for conditioning the man was none to do any where between 3 to 5 dogs at a time and win all or most

11. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

did he publish a book on his keep :dogdrink:

12. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

What i'm impressed about with Barney Fife is i read somewhere he had like 56 fights in a 5 year period and only lost 2 dogs both to heat stroke!!!

13. This I totally agree with...............

14. Fife could condition a dog! Fife has a protege that has made an impact in the world of dogs.

15. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I did not know fife or see one of his go, but from reading many of his writtings I have figured he was pretty sharp. The one thing I really think he nailed was catering a keep to the dog and not visa versa.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
  16. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Both from different times.Both left their mark on the game.Mayfield was more well known.Ben was known by the dogmen of his time as one of the best.Ben could also take care of a dog after battle and has helped many save their dogs.I don't believe Ben is given the respect he deserves ,except by the top dog people of his time.