1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ears

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by azdog, Aug 29, 2004.

1. azdog

azdog Big Dog

I HAVE A QUESTION ON HOW TO CLEAN MY DOGS EAR,WITHOUT HURTING HER,BECAUSE SHE TENDS TO MOVE ALOT?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2004
  2. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

pour a lid full of peroxide down each ear, then let it drain. When you want to restrain her, stradle her and lock your legs just before her rear legs.

3. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Is she moving because she doesnt like it? Depending on why she doesnt want to stay still, Best thing is to just get her use to being touched and handled on the ears.. start small, give a treat and or lots of praise or toss her favorite toy around for a few seconds.. (they get the idea quick) and build from there.. I'll take a dry cotton ball and wipe, Then I progress to squirting the cotton ball with cleaning solution and wiping.
    I dont knw to many dogs that are thrilled about having their ears cleaned out lol..

Restraining them only makes it worse..they dread it because they dont want to be restrained.

forgot..you dont want to force or push them..it gets you nowhere quickly and they lose trust..

4. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

I only take a dab of mineral or baby oil on a wad of tissue and wipe out the ear. This is only done to remove any earmite that may be present, along with any dirt.

But! my dog's ears aren't cropped so cleaning isn't really even necessary

Cropping or cutting your dog's ears only make it easy for dirt to get inside- my personal observation and opinion

5. azdog

azdog Big Dog

SHE DOESN'T HOLD STILL BECAUSE SHE IS HIPER,ALSO SHE DON'T LIKE ME MESSing WITH HER EARS.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2004
  6. exit9

exit9 Pup

I use listerine with a sprayer for the mouth glue for torn ears & pads with a good antibiotic injected then followed by mouth antibiotics in the food now i have added to my medicine chest liquid sutures for mild cuts it seems to work well.