1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Electric Parting Sticks

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by screamin'eagle, Nov 12, 2007.

1. I want to start by saying I did not start this thread to bash a kennel that is not here to defend itself, and not to start another bully bashing thread.

http://thebullyhouse.net/products4sale/breakingsticks.html

I happened upon this kennel supply that was advertising Electric Parting Sticks. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the realistic health risks to using one of these if any? I know that there are alternate means to breaking a non game bred dogs, but I never heard of electricity. Any thoughts?

I also ran a search on the forum for old threads, and didn't see much, but maybe I used the wrong search terms. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Galadriel

Galadriel Pup

Looks like an old stun gun. I don't know much in the way of long term effects, but they leave some pretty nasty burns and bruises.

3. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

lol, thanks for the site. i'm sure they will appreciate my input.

4. Yeah I assumed burns and bruises to say the least. What does anyone think about possibly being charged with animal cruelty for using one of those if attacked by someone else's dog vs. being charged for dog fighting paraphenelia for carrying an old fashioned parting stick for getting your dog off of someone elses?

5. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Well in my opinion a person that doesn't know how to properly use a breaking stick has no business with this breed.a stun gun is just a lazy way out wich can cause bad effects to dogs and people both.you have the burns and bruises but it can also kill them by stoping the heart just as with people.very dangerous tool that i would only recomend for use on cattle or other large animals like that.i ain't even for using them on people because of what they can do,if i can't break a dog with a stick then i need to evaluate my handling skills.just like if i can't beat a man using my bare hands,knife,gun,or some other weapon i need to evaluate what made that man so strong and get me a dose of it,lol.

6. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't know about health risks, but I know someone whose wife tried to break up two fighting girls with one of those, and it did not work.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

You won't see many in the searches, because I know Staff has had to delete this same topic many times. For one reason you noticed, someone is going to start flapping off about the kennel and dogs.

And two, that's a stun gun. Not a "electronic break stick". A .22 isn't a "metal breaking stick". Bullshit...

8. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

Are you fu**ing kidding me I had to look at it twice to see if I was reading it right I think its the most crazyest thing I have ever herd and you can mess up your dog or even kill him

9. I agree fully agree OT...good post.

@ 14Rock...since you've seen it before you can understand my surprise, and needing to ask. I'm trying to call BS without bashing. I just wanted to hear concrete evidence like...voltage potentially stopping the heart, etc., etc.

10. bradyFL

bradyFL Big Dog

wow...these people must hate there dogs.

11. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

yeah, that's pretty messed up.

12. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Does anyone really have to question what kind of people put that kind of stuff on the internet? You can just look at their site and right off see about 20 mispelled words and run on sentences. I mean dang, I get in a hurry and run on plenty but I at least try to spell decent. So, if you can't manage to do that correctly what makes you think they'll try to take care of their dogs right and break them properly? Well I assume its either that they're just ignorant or that their dogs are simply so bad ass normal breaking sticks are usless against them. Either one or the other. Who knows?

13. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

For some reason, many of the bully set seem to have a real thing for misspelling.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that.

14. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

if you shock your dog shock yourself for being a idiot. not the tool of a real men.

15. Michele

Michele Guest

I agree with OldTimer.

16. Ratler123

Ratler123 Big Dog

These guys are practically my next door neighbors when I tried to buy a dog from them they were A-holes and made me drive down to them to tell me that they already sold it... I mean I guess this has nothing to do with anything but I think its always better to do it the old fashioned way... I think they were lazy asses that didnt want to stop a fight the old fashioned way and would rather hurt their dogs than to have to deal with it

17. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i don't know,,, some of you think you can just pull 2 dogs apart,,, you might some house trained dog,,, but some i've heard never flinch when it comes to being shocked in the middle of a scuffle,,,
    it's not the right way to do it no,,,, but put urself between 2 dogs and no help and we'll see what you grab 2 stop them,,,lol

and no i didn't look at there site so i don't know what they are talking about

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007
  18. simms

simms CH Dog

I haven't looked at that site either, an probably shouldn't....LOL

If you can get a chain on 1 of them you get the pair apart in the yard by one's self. Everyone should have a parting stick if you own or house this breed....

Probably one of the reasons that this device that is being spoken of was put to use in that manner.....panic, adrenalin, fear.

19. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i agree simms,, it would be good to have in those situations,,,but not a stun gun,, geezee,,, something strong enough to get there attention though,, would be idea,,, like something strong as a electric fence,, beats walkn in between 2 dogs squared off and getting bit,,,kinda like a light cattle stick but not a hot one

20. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

stun guns can kill people sometimes, there probably is enough amperes to kill a dog. this is just specualtion but id assume it took less amps to stop a dogs heart. voltage doesnt kill amps do, so be careful if anyone uses that method