1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ever seen this?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DBOY, Mar 21, 2009.

1. DBOY

DBOY Pup

A friend and I finally got two dogs bred that we have been waiting to breed for a long time. We wanted to make sure they were both worth breeding and they both turned out to be worth the effort. It took sometime to get the male to mount, when he finally did tie HE COMPLETELY PASSED OUT! We thought he was dead but with a few rubs to his head and a few pats to his chest he woke up in surprise all the while the female sat patiently. He is doing fine now, has anyone seen or heard of this before? Think we should take him to a vet?

2. dragonpit

dragonpit Big Dog

:eek: Never heard of that before :confused:! you said he succesfully mated after that, sounds crazy! if he's fine now let him be, my opinion.

3. DBOY

DBOY Pup

Thanks dragonpit!! He is 3 and never been bred it might have been to much for him. HAHA!!! This was just today.

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

He Could Be Gay?

5. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

I have heard that happening but not often. Many times it's due to a heart issue. You might not be into health testing but I personally would not breed that male till you get it checked out. Also it could have been a seizure.

One possibility is he was so excited and may be the collar was held too tight and it caused him to pass out. It is very hard to say but I would make sure his heart checks out before you try breeding again. You don't want to pass that on.....

6. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

wow that's crazy! was it really hot when you were trying to breed them? i've had males panting so hard i thought they'd pass out,but never had one pass out. were they actually knotted? i like for them to breed when it's fairly cool. other than the heat i don't know what else to say.

7. DBOY

DBOY Pup

Thanks performenceknls. It might be a health issue the vet missed he has been checked out before we bred him. I believe in breeding bulldogs that are sound in mind and body.

8. DBOY

DBOY Pup

prpitdawg. It was very cool ,but he was very excited. IT was soon as he knotted i had to guide him in myself. He wanted to take hold of her at first..

9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Last year I seen a male breed a female,I thought he was going to pass out but he didn't.He just went limp and staggered once and then he was ok again.When he did it I thought he had a heart attack,lol.