1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

every seen these?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by TigerStripe15, Jan 9, 2005.

1. while searching for game breeds in my area I came across these guys

yall ever heard of them?

http://www.camelotpitbulls.com/

they look to big to be pitbulls?

2. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

"A.) High Prey Drive
    B.) Intelligence
    C.) Big Head, Muscular Chest and Shoulders"

Am Staff's, perhaps? These are not what I would call APBT. In my eyes they are def. Am Staffs. They're being bred for their size. These dogs are definetely not game dogs. Like it was said in the other thread you created, you should really look into Cane Corsos, Presa Canarios, American Bulldogs, or the "bandogges". Like I asked before, what exactly are you looking to do with your dog?

3. no I wasnt showing these thinking of buying one I was seraching for game breeders in my area to show me the ropes before I jump into game dogs like yall advised me to do.

and this site showed up in my search and I thought I should share

4. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Thanks for sharing but I think I speak for the majority of this board when I say, this isn't our cup of tea.;)

5. the way I see it and correct me if I am wrong. if some one says its a pit but it weights more than 75 pounds its not a pitbull right?

6. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

No. If they are not bred for what the pit bull was originally bred for, then they are not pit bulls.;) There are some 75# game bred dogs out there (rocksteady), but most of those dogs you see advertised for JUST their HUGE size are not apbt's, usually have some kind of bigger dog thrown in for size. Which is why a lot of us dislike the bigger dogs that are bred for specifically their size.

7. thanks for correnting me

now I know

8. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

Those dog's are way to big for me

9. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

A dog with a chest that big only leaves room for destruction!

10. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

I agree, way too much open area

11. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

yep .. the differences in just a plain old big APBt is this..weight is in proportion to size /height. No exaggerated features .. (like extra wide chests, short legs, lots of wrinkles, flab, extra bulky muscles) granted not every dog is perfect..

and the breeder lol.

Heres a picture of a 90lb game bred APBT. I owned him..to me, he really does look like an Am staff but he wasnt..100% APBT. He came from a litter that was bred a bit to tight but then his daddy was about 90lbs, too.. He doesnt look it in the pic..he was almost 2, about 85 pounds here

Attached Files:

12. pitty0250

pitty0250 Pup

I belive that I saw there kennels name on a bad breeders list. (I might be mistaken)

13. hee hee hee, they're ugly!

14. JEEP

JEEP Big Dog

looks like probably they have a different meaning of gamedogs... i wouldnt waste my money on them or go through them to get any info about gamedogs...

15. tiger

tiger Pup

The Camelot Line is old family reds, the old stuff Mr. sidereas started with was real pits I dont know about this new stuff.

16. hawk

hawk Big Dog

The new stuff is definately not game bred. How far back do you have to go to find the real game bred OFRN? The AKC staff was started with "real" pits back in 1935. Are they "real" pits now, NO!!

17. waters

waters Big Dog

those are not pits they are ugly beast. i personaly like smaller pits with high energy and lots of game. if i was you i would stay away from those.

18. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Big Dog

It should be illegal to breed that many dogs. I also think they need to stop calling dogs like that Pit Bulls. Those are not Pit Bulls. They need to stop confusing people and start calling the dogs what they are, mastiff bulldogs.

19. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

You said it, Blitz. Camelot, Watchdog, Gotti, Razor's Edge - American Show Mastiff Terriers would be a more suitable name.
    "Oh no! Look out! It's Dogzilla!"

20. Flawless1

Flawless1 Pup

You think Watchdog is mixed?