1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Evo

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MOOT44, Apr 30, 2008.

1. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

I have been wrong before so i went and checked yesterday. the only real difference in evo and canidae is the type of meat they use. Canidae uses
    http://www.canidae.com/dogs/platinum/dry.html
    Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice, Chicken Fat, (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Sunflower Oil, (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Chicken, Lamb Meal, Herring Meal, Flax Seed, Psyllium Seed Husk, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Norwegian Kelp, Lecithin, Cranberries, Monosodium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Riboflavin (Source of Vitamin B2), Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Inulin (from Chicory Root), Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), L-Carnitine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Niacin, Beta Carotene, D-Biotin, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite, Papaya, Pineapple, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=630 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=431>Benefits
    <TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width=424 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Human Grade Meats – Chicken, Turkey, Lamb and Fish</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Wholesome Nutritional Brown Rice</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>10 Skin & Coat Conditioners to Help Maintain a Healthy, Luxurious Coat</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Natural Psyllium Husk Fiber</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Balanced Omega 6 & 3 Fatty Acids</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Antioxidant Vitamins & Amino Acid Chelated Minerals</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Cranberries</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Added Viable Micro-Organisms</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Inulin from Chicory Root</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Guaranteed Enzyme Activity</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Superior Digestibility</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=grey_bold vAlign=top>Excellent Palatability - Dogs Love CANIDAE<SUP>®</SUP> PLATINUM™</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD vAlign=top>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=508 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=508>
    I talked to a vet and he said both are great dog foods but if price is a concern canidae will do the exact same thing as Evo and it's easier to digest and it will be easier on the kidneys and liver
    Canidae also so specifies No corn, wheat, soy, grain fractions, or fillers directly on the bag. Check it out maximus and let me know what you think.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2008
  2. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

Brown rce is a grain, white rice is a grain, alfafa is a grain. Nothing is comparable with this food period except for that it's dog food.

3. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

Much respect i missed that and i was wrong thanks for helping me. Can you tell me the difference between alfalfa sprouts and alfalfa meal? another question i looked up other foods cause now i MAY switch and all the "non grain" foods have atleast alfalfa something in it. how can they do that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2008
  4. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

I have fed the EVO Red Meat and liked the outcomes. It is expensive but is very adequate in providing much needed protein.

5. I need to give a heads up to everyone feeding a "premium" feed.

Please be watchful of your dog's stool. Yes, we want the stool to be firm. You need to be careful firm does not become hard.

I pick up after my dogs' all the time. This provides an opportunity to assess how well a feed is being digested. I have found that the kibble currently being used makes their stool very hard. This makes the dog constipated and gives them loads of problem emptying. I started noticing my dogs taking a bit longer to poop and still in position after the last drop. I also noticed poop starting to come out as if it came out of a rabbit. You know, those little pellets..lol Anyway, if you encounter this, i suggest giving them calcium. I am giving them (occassionally)milk to get a softer yet firm poop.