1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

February 22-23: ADBA Weight Pull CULLMAN COUNTY ALABAMA

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by ElJay, Dec 26, 2013.

1. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

[​IMG]

HEATED BUILDING

WEIGHT PULL ONLY

Come get your pulling season started off early for an off-the-chain competition!

2. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Heart of Dixie APBTC (AL) Wt Pull Only

Saturday, February 22, 2014
    1501 Sportsman Lake Rd. N.W.
    Cullman, AL 35055

The Heart of Dixie APBTC (AL) will host 1 sanctioned weight pull on Saturday and 1 sanctioned weight pull on Sunday at the Cullman County Fairgrounds in Cullman, AL. There WILL NOT be a conformation show at this event. For further information contact James 256-324-9141, Diane 256-324-7543 or Jeff 256-347-3627
    On-line preregistration is for credit cards only. If you preregister online it is non-refundable and non-transferable. Registration is available the morning of the show at each event. Clubs can accept cash or check.
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, specific show details and judges are subject to change

Register For This Event Cutoff Date: 2/16/2014

American Dog Breeders Association

3. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

All you pullers please come and support this event. It would be nice to show the ADBA that separate weight pull events can be held with success. I'd like to see more pulls offered more times per year similar to what the APA is able to accomplish.

4. SVKNLS

SVKNLS Pup

adba doesn't give much back to the owners of our dogs for me. Just my opinion

5. WNK

WNK Big Dog

what should a club gives back in your opinion?

6. SVKNLS

SVKNLS Pup

Based on the funds they rack in its not logical for me to guess. However, call and ask for something, you will pay even for information. I would think they would give at the least a little respect. Maybe I'm wrong, its only my opinion.

7. WNK

WNK Big Dog

it was just a question, i have no experience how a club should be.
    i didn't knew that you must pay adba just for asking... weird!

8. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

What are you expecting SVKNLS? You pay to enter your dog and compete. It's not like your money goes to waste. You earn points, ribbons, trophies and a title if you're dog is good enough. Your dogs gets published in the magazine. Not to mention the fun of the competition, being with friends, eating good food and watching good dogs. Do you think all this should just be free? Our club members work hard to make these events a success for people. If you don't like any of that stuff, then stay home. And mind your own business.

We have a great time at our events. Everyone who came to our last competition had nothing but good things to say. Were you there? I don't think so. Don't be such a spoil sport... And thanks for ruining our thread.

Also I've never heard of having to pay ADBA for info... every time I've ever called them they've always been helpful and have certainly never charged me anything. Not to mention the website has tons of free info. So what are you talking about?

To everyone else, please come show your support. Our Alabama club has worked really hard to make this happen. We're a young club who have had great success with out first sanctioned event and we'd love to continue to make our future competitions great for everyone. We'll have good food, including breakfasts and Saturday night a dinner. Camping is available for Friday and Saturday nights.

9. SVKNLS

SVKNLS Pup

I apologize for causing your thread any bad outlooks. The shows are great, the people are great, the shows are great. I'll keep the negatives to myself on this thread. I may even come to the show. I support these dogs in all ways possible.

10. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

As far as the club's finances, we have to bust ass to make enough profit to be able to pay for the next event. Our club members work for free, cooking food, being ring stewards, keeping up with the paperwork, getting contracts with venues, timekeeping, cleaning up, organizing everything, etc. And most of all, we do our best to make things enjoyable for the folks who come to support us. We certainly aren't in this for money or fame, lol. It's about the dogs and those of us who love the breed and want to compete. Mississippi and Tennessee don't yet have sanctioned ADBA Clubs, so this Bama club is trying to support all three state right now.

Also there is a lot of unrest within the weight pull world among APA competitors. The APA people have kind of split into two groups. So us having this weight pull offers a neutral ground for everyone to compete together and avoid all the APA vs. UPF drama.

11. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Thank you SVKNLS, we really appreciate any support you can lend us. Hope to see you there! :-)

12. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

If I was close, I'd be there. I support the breed any way I can.

13. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Thanks treezpitz. Sorry we won't get to see you there.

14. WNK

WNK Big Dog

I made the experience now too, that the adba answered my questions.
    Like you said, ElJayBee, this is a normal breeders club and provides everything a breeders club should do.

In Europe we have this year the first ADBA sanctionated WP ever, I hope there will be a few pulls during the year.

If I wouldn't live on the other side of the Earth, I would love to come to your event!
    I wish you guys much fun!

15. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Thanks WNK! Good luck over there with y'alls event! Glad the ADBA was helpful to you.