1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Fell type influence in German Jagd terriers

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by T.P.C., Aug 23, 2023.

1. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

We recently did a old fell breeding to a current Patterdale terrier bloodline this is the male that turned out.

Attached Files:

chili and AGK like this.
  2. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

In Germany, the Jagdterrier is said to have been developed out of Fell terrier stock in the 1920s, while some argue that the Patterdale is simply a smooth coated black Fell Terrier.

Check mate Google bred a fell terrier type and patterdale terrier type and ended up with a jagd terrier type mystery solved! - TPC

Attached Files:

culabula likes this.
  3. culabula

culabula Big Dog

I think they used a black and tan dog from ynsfor hunt kennels in Wales. A fell /old English black n tan type. I think there is a picture of one in lucas8 terrier book from 1930s. I believe some hound was also used in formation of jagd. (Teckel and polish hound )