1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

filling out

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by pimpgixxer04, Jun 22, 2005.

1. pimpgixxer04

pimpgixxer04 Big Dog

Hi guys, my pit (diesel) is 10 mo. old and hes 57 lbs, his back legs are ginormous cause he swims an awful lot, but his chest doesnt seem to wanna fill out...is there anything i can do to make him fill out a little more? thanks in advance

2. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

let him get some age, swimming should do the trick also i would think

3. pimpgixxer04

pimpgixxer04 Big Dog

Ya he is quite the swimmer..haha...he's in the pool like 2 or 3 hrs a day or every other day, depending on rain...but he also loves to play on his spring pole, and i walk him pretty often

4. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

just let him get some age on him then you can see what u are working with. sounds like he is pretty big right now

5. pimpgixxer04

pimpgixxer04 Big Dog

ya his dad was HUGE...low to the ground but VERY stalky..90 lbs

6. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I'd have to say your doing all you can...Let nature take its course and it will fill out all it should when it should... He is still young after all and has a lot of time to grow...don't force a non natural muscle tone if it isn't meant to be...be happy with what he is and he will be a better happier dog for you doing so instead of muscle bound and overloaded from weights chemicals or something else to bulk him up.

7. pimpgixxer04

pimpgixxer04 Big Dog

no i dont really care i was just wondering...i dont care about the "looks" of my dog... i was just curious, i never forced him to touch the spring pole, and never even encouraged him to get into the pool, i was just swimming one day and he jumped in cause me and my girl where playing and he got protective, and since then he doesnt stop, and he LOVES walks...so im just trying to make his life GOOD...he's a GREAT dog and i love him unconditionally...when is a dog fully matured...like 2 yrs old?

8. pimpgixxer04

pimpgixxer04 Big Dog

oh and i would NEVER use chemicals on him, i do however cook for him occasionally..haha