1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Finally Fishing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NYSTATEOFMIND, Mar 15, 2016.

1. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

Now that the thin ice is gone I've been doing some fishing.
    I went out twice and caught : 3 large mouth bass, 2 yellow perch,
    3 Black Crappies(2 were nice 12.5 inches)1 8inch sunny and a Chain Pickerel.
    I was using a c-p swing and a Rat-l-trap. Anyone else enjoy fishing?

2. niko

niko CH Dog

Sounds great man I love bass fishing...had good luck with buzz baits and gulp minnows last year.Im usualluy river fishing this time of year for rainbows on the Arkansas...caught 4 rainbows and 1 brown all between 12-18 the other day with Berkley gulp minnows watermelon pearl on a 1/16 oz jig

3. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Sounds like A great super! Fished all my life! I love it!!! Even shrimped in the Gulf back in the day when you could make A nice payday for A load of fresh white shrimp!

4. war machine

war machine Big Dog

I stick to smashing channel and flathead.

5. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

I usually hit up PA for a fishing weekend once during summer.
    There drivers are awesome, some waiters and a baby trout crank bait and youll be hooking small and large mouth bass, all types of trout. Some good cold beer and it's on like donkey kong!

6. pitbulld0gs

pitbulld0gs Top Dog Staff Member

I was in the creeks everyday for years catching bait and then off to the lakes or river for them big bluecats and flattys. Going to get some Ohio Mud Leeches sometime this week.

7. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I'm fix'n to head to Glacier Bay in Alaska catch A boat load of those barndoor Halibut! My son is still shipping 50lbs. at A time from last years catch! One was 248 just the fillet off one side weighed over 80lbs.!! Last time I said I don't want you to end up short, he said he still has over 300lbs. in the freezer!!!! All total he and my granddaughter caught over 1000 in one day!If you hit them right you just pull one after another!

8. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Trot thats got to be a work out!

9. niko

niko CH Dog

Some great fishing up thete in Alaska Trot

10. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Yes it is and pricey! If my son didn't live up there and partners on A 26ft. fishing boat no way I could afford it! I put A gear upgrade on my Penn Senator so now I can get it from A 2.5 to 1 retrieve to as much as 6 to 1, it's A workout!!! Never fished for those up there before, but I have got into good schools of Blue Fin! It gets to the point your shoulders and arms are wore out!!

11. pitbulld0gs

You change the gear ratio Trot?

12. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Yes theres A gear increase and reduction add on that will decrease or increase your retrieve. They have been around for A while and easy to install!

13. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

Damn now im in the mood for a fish fry!!! lol

14. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I hate to post this but I just pulled 2lbs. of halibut out of the freezer! I spent a lot of time fishing and hunting with my son, now he takes care of the old man! LOL

15. pitbulld0gs

Yeah, i used to have a Senator when i lived in Florida.. It was bone stock though.

I ain't had a fish fry in years! We used to go up to Saginaw Michigan every year and fish for Perch, Pike and Walleye. I always wanted to go the Soo locks and fish when the Salmon was running, we had a cabin on the St Mary's River.

16. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I've heard Walleye is excellent got to try it sometime! I lived in Galveston off and on since 1955, I don't know how it is now but if you knew the areas you could catch supper every night! Even in the dead of winter an hour I'd have A stringer of whiting!

17. niko

niko CH Dog

got quite a few walleye on a chartuess and white spinner this year...bout to try my luck on the Rio Grande this week fishing for some pike

18. pitbulld0gs

Ive always had better luck with live bait fishing for pike. Last time we went we was using water leeches, Jumbos :)

19. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

walleye is very tasty. I caught a bunch in Lake Erie once. I was slowly trolling an Earthworm with a spinner in front of it.
    I gave the crappies to my neighbor who is sick with cancer. He soaked them in buttermilk and then coated them in pancake
    mix. said they were delicious! I always dreamed of getting a giant Halibut one day.

20. niko

niko CH Dog

Only 35 degrees today...caught 2 rainbows on 1/16 jighead with berkley 3inch smelt..even a bad day of fishing is a good day:)