1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

fish oil?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by badnews_VA, Sep 13, 2004.

1. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

is fish oil good to use in puppy food? and if so what age should i start using it. and as far as fresh fish, what age should i start giving it to a puppy? thanks in advance for the advice

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Fish oil is a good source of the Omega vitamins and fatty acids. We supplement a couple times a week with Norwegian Cod Oil from GNC. As far as giving to pups, I don't see it harming them at any age, and often times we add some tuna to the pups food to give it a little something extra also...

BB

3. dutch

dutch Pup

im pretty sure you can start giving it to the pup as soon as they are able to eat solid foods i am not 100% sure. However when you feed fatty fish such as mackerel , tuna , salmon etc etc... do not feed the fish oil because those fish are already high in omega 3's. 1 1000mg capsule for every ten pounds is the recommended dosage, o yea if you do decide on the fish oil i would suggest you get salmon oil its much better. One last thing is to avoid a certain salmon (i forget which one it is) because of high mercury levels and one other reason which i forgot what it is again hah.

4. dutch

dutch Pup

Shit , as soon as i posted the reply i saw bbk's reply. Only feed cod liver oil if you think your puppy is lacking in vitamins A and D , too much of anything is no good.

5. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

thanks, and where can i get some salmon fish oil?

6. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

You may be able to go to a health food store and buy a bottle of salmon oil. If not, just buy a can of salmon and use some of the oil in the can.

7. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I get mine at GNC :D

BB

8. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

thanks for everything

9. dutch

dutch Pup

any pharmacy that sells otc meds will carry it

10. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

can i get this in a liquid form besides getting a can of tuna? everywhere i look it's in liquid gel caps.

11. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I get mine from GNC and it is in liquid form.

BB

12. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

ok i'll try there, thanks