1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Food Question?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by thepitpalace, Jul 10, 2007.

1. thepitpalace

thepitpalace Big Dog

After switching to a new food, what is a good time frame to wait to see improvements? Was feeding Diamond Hi-Energy and/or Duralife (crappy food I know). She is a show prospect so started feeding Chicken Soup. She looks great, coat, teeth, muscle and full of energy BUT her waste is not solid like it was before. Was also feeding raw chicken but stopped to see if the problem cleared up but it did not. She has had all shots and there are no worms. So the question, she has been on the new food for about 3 weeks, how much longer should I keep her on it before trying something something else?

2. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

i think if she still has the runs after another week then i would definately switch. I went through the same thing, i switched from a crap food to Innova EVO and my dog had straight runs for a month. I went ahead and switched him to Canidae and the runs stopped after about 3-4 days

3. thepitpalace

thepitpalace Big Dog

Thanks BoiBoi, that's what I thought. The problem is this is the 3rd "good food" I've tried to feed her over the last few months and the same problem. She seems to do really well on the crappy food. My other show prospect is doing great, but I know all dogs respond differently, just didn't want to feed her crap. She is one of those dogs that has real good muscle structure and tone with no help from me and just wanted to see what she could become.

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

yea i hear ya, i was feeding my dog beneful (i know i know what the hell was i thinking) and he was actually doing kinda good on it before i knew better, i then switched 2 different feeds before i tried canidae and it did take a while for the actual results to show up, but now he has been on it for almost a year and he's got so much energy i actually have trouble wearing him out plus he doesn't crap like a horse anymore, keep at it u'll find one that works