1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

For those of you that say expensive PR showbred dogs don't end up needing rescue...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by B, Nov 15, 2005.

1. B

B CH Dog

Check my gallery.

http://www.game-dog.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=133&userid=

I just "rescued" one of those expensive PR showbred animals that people like to think never end up in shelters. Roxy has won confirmation points and trophies in the show circuit. Let's face it, she's gorgeous! She's a great little girl that needs a permanant home. PM me if you want more details or might know a responsible lifelong home for this sweet girl. This can happen to any dog so you really need to reconsider before you start breeding any type of mutt. These dogs need rescue more than your friends, neighbors, and whoever else needs a new puppy. Roxy has been housetrained, is obedient, great on a leash, good in a car, kennel trained, and taught basic commands. She's had three homes already and I got sick of it and stepped in before she went to the shelter to be euthanized. She's never misbehaved or shown a single bad sign. She was raised around kids ranging from 3-12 years old and has always been a great babysitter. I just decided that Roxy would be staying with me until she can find someone to love her for the rest of her life. Instead of breeding, you might consider rescuing a dog just like this if you REALLY care about the breed. Sure it costs a bit of money and time but aren't these dogs worth it? Just imagine that half of the dogs you breed end up the same way as Roxy. People always have enough time and energy for a puppy but once the dog they mistrained and neglected becomes an adult, they find it a new home just like they were throwing out bad milk. Just take a moment and REALLY think about the situation..........

Regards,

B

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2005
    Judy likes this.
  2. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Yeah! I agree with you 101%, In my book, I will never have anything that's I think is so great to put more puppies on the planet with.

3. B

B CH Dog

You got a good head on your shoulders man. Stick around and keep an open mind and you will learn the TRUTH about the dogs.

Best Regards,

B

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Wow!!!She's a cutie pie. How old is she?

5. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Thanks, I just know to many show breeders that think they have the best out there, they are so kennel blind I can't stand it.

6. B

B CH Dog

My best guess and what info I could get from her last "temporary place of residence" (because home is giving these people too much credit) I would say about 3-4. She's a young dog and she's very laid back and well behaved in the house. She wasn't sent from "TPOR" to "TPOR" because of her behavior. She was sent because they didn't have enough time with her or didn't understand the breed well enough.

Regards,

B

7. Judy

Judy CH Dog

I think it's great that you saved her. I hope she finds a forever home. She looks very nice.

8. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

WOW! She's a beauty! Her back legs are on point!

Thanx and great job for taking that beautiful in. I know you'll find her a good home.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2005
  9. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

That's good you care so much. Hope you find someone true for her.

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

She's beautiful! Congrats on your new dog, B. ;) You know she won't be able to find a better home than with you & your family! Good luck with everything. If only everyone had your compassion, knowledge, & understanding of what the future holds for our dogs if people don't step it up. You have my deepest respects.