1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

front leg

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by gog123, Apr 13, 2010.

1. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

Been resting my dog for about a week now, he isnt limping but seems like he is on a front leg only when he first gets up? He isnt in no pain and wouldnt really notice it if your around him every day. I think it looks like the front paw or ankle ive check his paws and toes...all fine. Going to rest him another week but i was wondering if anyone has any ideas? Impossible more aless i know but any help would be nice...time needed for rest and signs of what injury it can be. If no joy with in the time recromended ill get him to a greyhound vet.

2. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

i dunno. front legs are hard to pinpoint problems on. could be anything from problems in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, or toe joints to something just as simple as a sprain or strain. i would give him another week of rest like you said, then if it aint better take him to the vet. i know i haven't been much help, but it really could be anything, especially since you don't see any surface problems.

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

does he put weight on it? and whats the age?
    Arthritis maybe if there older? where do they seem to be favoring it?

4. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

his around 2, happily puts weight on it, he sleeps in my bed and is fine to jump on and off. Seems to be just when his getting up...id like to think ive got a good eye after being paranoid because of an ab having to be pts due to hip displacia. The problem doesnt bother the dog what so ever like i said you wouldnt even notice it if you didnt see him daily....im thinking his sprained his wrist anf i was told rest for 2more weeks then just light hand walking.

5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

huh, .... just watch him. i guess is all:confused:?

6. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

will do mate watch and plenty of rest. Any sign of pain and of to a greyhound vet.

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

the prob with this breed is its high pain tolerance. Sometimes its easy to miss things or hard to pin point where the pain is. One of mine hurt her feet the other day and it took forever to figure it out bc she didnt show any pain but im sure there was some.

8. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Last time I had a dog off in the front leg, turned out to be bone cancer. :eek: