1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

game bred vs fashion bred dogs(blue pits)..

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ...Onyx..., Jun 27, 2010.

1. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

but your trick question falls on deaf ears.

you asked the question to me , or the other members, and i gave you my answer, i wouldnt change it for a newbie either, they are simply better for the job.

well that and the fact i realy realy cant stand bullies, i hate them nearly as much as joe public hate the APBT.

2. well thanks for all of the opinions... i was just wondering because Ive had a few pits...not game bred I dont think. Never got papers on em or nothing, but they were pretty good dogs, but I was just wondering if there was a huge difference between game bred and regular backyard pits... besides health and temperment... basically from what I am hearing is that there isnt really a difference except the gameness in the dog...oh and where I take em to run there arent any other dogs around I make sure of that before I ever took any of my dogs in the past there.. because I know what kind of damage they can do and how people already are stereotypical of pits...

3. @ JUNKYARD.. What you mean trick question?? Why would i need to trick anyone into giving me an answer that I dont know, If you dont wanna answer the question then you dont have to., I never owned a bully dog.. I really dont like short hulk looking dogs, they dont look natural.. I have experience with pits and KNOW how to exercise them and just about everything else that I need to as far as taking care of them. I just never owned a TRUE game bred pit.. Well if they were I didnt know because i never tested em and didnt get papers on em, I could care less about papers because papers don't make the dog...they just show where he came from and what others in his bloodline were capable of..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
  4. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Papers also allows you to see what's in the dog so that if you were inclined to breed you would know which way to go (if you knew what you were doing and the papers were accurate of course.)

5. yea I mean I know about all that... I just never took the time to do all the research about bloodlines on dogs because i really never had a reason to since I dont plan on breeding my dogs.. there are enuff byb as it is. AND I sure as hell wouldnt know what the hell I was doin..lol.

6. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

I appreciate you doing that, papers also allows you to know certain traits and characteristics that may be in your dog. There are many reasons for papers.... if you're new to the breed then as you get deeper (if you catch the fever that is) you'll learn about bloodlines and crosses and everything (it was inevitable for me at least) if you are a veteran to the breed then I'm confused.

7. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Onyx, that wasnt directed towards your op at all mate, sorry for the confusion, that was for the fella after my second to last post.

8. Bmf_bt

Bmf_bt Big Dog

For me:confused:?!? Where's the trick Q? Didn't even ask anything... Probably missed something...

9. nala2010

nala2010 Pup

ive always had gamebred as house dogs and when they got past the puppy stages they were fine just not around dogs lol

10. spliff

spliff Big Dog

the main difference between a game bred and a bully or even a amstaff for that matter aside for D.A is there energy levels..can a game bred pit bull terrier spend most of its time on the couch being a house dog?sure.my question is why would you want them to?they are working dogs they have loads of energy and drive and i think to stifle them and just let them sit around all day is just wrong.would you buy a ferrari and never take it over 55?why would you buy a working dog if you don't want him to work.if you just want a house dog and you don't like the look of the bully's go with an amstaff.jmo.

11. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

could do both. laying on the couch till its worktime :)

12. Oh ok junkyard I see what your talking about now...

13. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

Just my opinion, if you want a lower energy dog, go with a well-bred American Bully... Or adopt if it's just a pet... "House pet" doesn't mean it won't be exercise... My GSD is a house pet, he'll never see a show or work in anything... But he gets about an hour of flirtpole a day, running, swimming a few times a week, and hand walking. He's still a house dog and just a pet... But he's got more energy than most bulldog mutts I've seen.

Now, I'm not saying an American Bully is going to lay around and look pretty. If you go to a good breeder, with healthy, sound dogs... They will keep you working just as much as an APBT. One American Bully I know, who's a big, thick boy, has more drive and as much stamina as any working dog I've seen. The only way to fully tire one like that out is working the flirt/spring pole, because a human wouldn't really be able to keep up... However, they still aren't as energetic as most APBT.

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

damn did you really just recommend somebody to get a bully?

if you want a low energy dog, then bulldogs aint for you. plain & simple.

if you cant swim keep ya ass out the pool

15. MCS

MCS CH Dog

In my opinion don't waste time with a bully. Get a rescue APBT/AmStaff mutt if you are looking for a house pet. Like Poisoned, my dogs gets its exercise but is not shown or worked. She has energy and prey drive like crazy when she is outside, still a pup no DA (yet). Pretty laid back on the couch when she is with the family, feel free to check my pics out. Oh and she is one of those blue ones, just not the typical big boned.

16. duckmike

duckmike Big Dog

Always go game bred they were bred to be healthy and stable .I can't say this enough an unstable pit-bull is nothing but a liability to most people and you should do every-thing you can to avoid it . That includes not buying any for show only dogs designer dogs and yes you read it here rescue-dogs

17. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

get an english bulldog they are nice and lazy for you ;)

[​IMG]

and poisoned I am sorry but, no american bully has as much stamina as an apbt :confused: unless that apbt was pathetic :confused:

18. MCS I like your dog reminds me of one I had a while back named smokey he looked Identicle to ur blue brindle except his ears where cropped... Full of energy outside but was calm as a cat inside... And he had the hardest bite on him I had ever seen.. would literally bite through his metal feed tray when he got excited..

19. To everybody that keeps misunderstanding why I am asking this question......I dont want a low energy dog I was just asking if they were more stable than your backyard breeders, because I know like alot of people talk about on here that if you dont know what your doing when you breed your dog then you can end up with more on your hands than you ask for...

20. Lol at laced...