1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

game bred vs fashion bred dogs(blue pits)..

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ...Onyx..., Jun 27, 2010.

1. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Thanks for your comments.

With you clairifying your question, I would deffinately go with a known background and a person I trust. With my two rescues we relied on our gut and some of the screening from were we got them. Once said dog was home and acted funny they would be gone-but they worked out. I never intend to breed so rescues are ok with the unknown peds. They serve their purpose for me, she is a good dog, fun and worth it. If I have another it will be from a known source.

2. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

woo my name has been jacked

3. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

lol i like my pets more energized then a 5 yr old pumped with caffine so game i would like bt i guess it goes with you personality if u dont like to get active thn get a non active dog or vise versa

4. Sapper

Sapper Pup

My bulldog stays in the house with my kids. Really is not that hyper but when we leave him home alone he likes to chew up random stuff laying around the house. The thing I like about having him as a housedog is he is smarter then any other dog I have ever had. Plus he dont bark and whine all day like alot of other dogs. This dog dont make a sound.

5. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Same thing here, I agree with why they are good housedogs. Leave soemthing out on the floor, near the floor, or on a table it is gone. Never hear a peep unless something is really spooking her.

6. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

My girl sleeps and rests when we are NOT working, she lives inside with me here in my bedroom and has her own bed to be lazy on, but when the time arrives to work and give in the correct amount of exercise then she demands it just as much as her bed. There is nothing wrong with having one of these dogs as your house pet just as with any other breed all breeds have their own needs you need to incorporate at least a minimum of their needs on a daily basis just as much as they are given the option to enjoy the comfort of your home with you these dogs are easy to please us with nearly anything we ask of them so you should give them the love in return ;)

7. tapiajr

tapiajr Banned

u could show any breed of dog if it fits 4 the club standard but the akc dont show am. staffs if they r blue or tri

8. loudboyjr

loudboyjr Banned

and i think alot of you guys are misunderstanding the "house dog" statement... i dnt think dude meant that the dog would just sit in the house 24/7... go game-bred though bro and talk to a few different ppl... i wouldnt go newspaper id go to a few local shows... I've had a ton of byb dogs and they are cool dogs (they're dogs and if you're not interested in the breed as far as history and all that shit then spend the $50 and be done with it) but it is A real difference in a game-bred pitbull and byb dogs... and its so great that i cant really even explain it... if those dogs you have know make you smile a gamebred dog gon have you like chuckee cheese... and they're fine as house dogs as long as you walk them get them a few toys and discipline them... i have one in the house now... when i leave if its on the floor its his (minus shoes and clothes... he will get some dirty drawaz and have them strewn around the house though *laughing*) he started to try to bite my end table up i came home put his ass on that chain for bout 8 hrs and since we havent had any problems... so go game-bred from somebody that can had/saw the first three generations and somebody that you trust at that point and go from there... you wont go back

9. Bogey

Bogey Pup

Game or Fashion dog will do since you mentioned that you're an active person or you may want to get a tread mill for your pet dog.

10. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

Duckmike .in reference to your comment about game bred dogs being bred healthy and even tempered . Many game bred dogs and even entire lines are know for being sgy. Which to me is a huge fault . Am staffs are capable of being working dogs. Are they going to be game like straight game bred dogs ... probably not. It's all in what traits your breeding for.

11. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

sorry, i meant to say shy. i was using my phone and misspelled

12. loudboyjr

loudboyjr Banned

shid it just sits on a chain outside when not being worked.... as long as a person can properly break the dog of any bad habits as a pup it shouldnt be a problem... all of the dogs that ive gotten when they were pups stayed in the house until atleast 6-8 months because they have to be big enuff to stop someone from thinking they can steal em...

13. jacko

jacko CH Dog

good post !1

14. mrfreak7q

mrfreak7q Big Dog

lazy blue for da house lmfao

15. tommy1985

tommy1985 Big Dog

leaving bull dogs aside. there are many different breeds that are extremely high energy dogs, springer spaniels, collies etc that all need alot of excercise but when they get a sufficient amount they are perfectly capable of being good house dogs. a highly strung pitbul is no different in regards to excercise. they need alot of it. if kept from a pup and provided with an outlet for their energy you should have no problems keeping one as a housepet as long as it is properly raised and understands what it acceptable within the house. that being said what dog is goin to be perfectly well behaved at all times? if u want something that well behaved get yourself a virtual pet or furby or whatever. personally speaking if given the option of gamebred or blue bully. i wouldnt need very long to think about it. il rather keep something that is capable of going a long walk or playin in the back yard for more than 10mins without having to lie down lol

16. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

If people can keep a Malinois in the house (which lots of working Mal people do nowdays) then you can bet your ass you can make an APBT a housedog... 90% of breeds in the USA can be a housedog very very few cannot. Who says a housedog won't get worked/exercised??? There's been at least a handful of gamedogs in the past lived in the house... are you telling me they were a neglected Ferrari? An APBT is just the same as any other high-energy working dog just with a lot more DA (in many cases), and lots of people keep high-energy working dogs as pets. Seems like most police dogs are even kept in a house nowdays.

17. gypsyboy

gypsyboy Big Dog

If your gonna get a dog get the best you can simple as

18. young muscle

young muscle Big Dog

I've had apbt for most of my I'm 37 and I got my first when I was 7years old, my grandpa asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him a bulldog (I used to watch Tom&Jerry, and I loved Spike) so for my birthday he bought my a dog , I said "what is this?, I wanted a Bulldog! " his reply was son this is a Bulldog, I looked at her , she was 3months old and was in love with her. Had many others after
    Point being is the apbt is a well rounded dog, I've had in the house that were chain dogs,and some who I made house dogs that would go on a chain, these are the best dog a man could own, people just don't know them.

19. young muscle

young muscle Big Dog

Sorry I'm my phone

20. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Let these American Bully cripples aside!
    Each dog be it a game bred, or ADBA / UKC Showtype or even an American Staffordshire Terrier can be a good housedog.
    What you have to take into account is the individual character of each dog as well as they are pretty energetic dogs that have to be worked not only physically but mentally also!

If you work him and train him and don´t mind to fulfill these needs on a daily basis you will be fine!

There are other breeds I would never keep inside the house like Kangals or Ovtcharca as they are made to live outside and as some experienced owners told me never feel comfortable if kept inside!