1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

game staffs?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by socks, Aug 10, 2005.

1. socks

socks Big Dog

I'm not talking about the staffs of today but i was on Pat Patricks site and he was saying how he was getting hell from people emailing him because one of his dogs had some staff in it awhile back and he showed some report of the staff in question and it was game. I know their standard was based on a colby bred dog. But has anyone ever heard of game staffs in the past?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2005
  2. BB-Knls

BB-Knls Pup

Tudor's GR CH White Rock was part AmStaff , and still a proven game dog !! Then again in HIS day and age the breeds where still the same and the seperation was only just begining then on a serious level. Meaning alot of folks started breeding to a "looks standard " instead of letting the pit speak on which way to breed !

Don't be surprised to find more AmStaffs in gamedog lines

3. well before they became staffs they were pits so i would imagine it depends on how far back the staff in question is located on the pedigree, and also the staffs pedigree itself. a game staff sounds a bit far fetched but i don't think its impossible if you are talking 50 years ago when the lines were first starting to separate signifigantly but today i would say that a game stafforshire is a bunch of B.S.

4. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Miller's Shorty, who died just a couple years ago, was 50% staff and as game as they come. Definitely a rare exception though.

5. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

To everyone who reads this and is going to say ''look they ARE the same thing!"......these dogs are the extreme exception-definetly not the rule. And theres a big diffrence between ''old'' staff blood and ''new" staff blood only being bred for things such as size, color, structure, etc. Show me a proven Gotti gamedog and I'll stand corrected LOL.

7. socks

socks Big Dog

i know that there i a BIG difference between now and way back then...but i was just wanting opinions....

8. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

i wish there was a proven staff game dog,i like those big ass so called pitbulls but i wouoldnt call them pitbulls

9. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Why is every big dog a staff??? Lmao. Most staffs I've seen were sort of on the smaller side, and the only way you could tell the difference by looking is if you were looking at the pedigree.:)

10. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

I just have a few question for everyone. Mostly everyone here says they have game dogs. What kind of games and competitions do you have them in, and what training excersises are good?
    I am interested in training my girls for comp. but not sure yet what I would like for them to do. Candi, my white red nose has a great muscle build and I think she would be good for weightpull. She is VERY energetic and really has the drive for it. She is 16 inches and 59 lbs @ 10 months of age (estimated to about 65lbs at full adult size).
    Raven is my merle. She is 15 inches and 52lbs @7 months of age (estimated to 60lbs at full adult size). She has an EXTREMELY high prey drive and runs after bird, cats, squirrels etc. like she's been shot out of a cannon. lol
    They both are very healthy and have had all their blood work and testing done (skin,eyes,bone/joints).
    I have been reading over some of the forums and eveyone seems to know alot about gaming so I am open to any of your suggestions.

Thanks for your time!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

11. BB-Knls

BB-Knls Pup

You taking the piss now are ya ??

12. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

13. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

What do you mean BB. I'm just asking what type of games are out there. Since everyone here has game dogs, I thought you would now, thats all. I would like to start training my girls for something but not quite sure what all is out there.

14. BB-Knls

BB-Knls Pup

Uh..okay then.
    Look here http://www.game-dog.com/forums/article.php?c=12 for weightpulling and games like that.

15. lytegray

lytegray Pup

Stated so eloquently! lol

16. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

Thanks BB, that gave out some good info. What about hogdog info for Raven. Do you know anything for that?

17. BB-Knls

BB-Knls Pup

Hogdogging ain't exactly a good 'game' for the average housedog mate !!
    Hogging is serious ! I lost quite a few link to hogging people when my old PC crashed but when you go to here http://www.boardogs.com/Links.htm they can help ya out.

Remember though these guys will tell ya the exact same thing as I did, hogging is serious and NOT for the average housedog/PET Bull !!!

Good Luck

18. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

i personally wouldnt put a dog in front of a hog unless he/she was bred for that,most dogs that are just placed in front of a hog like that end up biend killed,havent done hog doggin but my dog was bred for that,and the breeder showed me some tapes and told me about all that business

19. BB-Knls

BB-Knls Pup

Yes that's absolutely true. It's no picknick at all !!!
    Have me a dog down from Don Wilson's breeding, an Old Southern White, and I have seen the tapes of her father on a 250 lbs Russian Boar..let me tell ya that's some real hard sh!t on a dog !! Don's dogs have atleast 20/30 lbs on the average game bred bulldogs so there's the weight advantage that plays a part too while hanging on the ear of one them behemoth f#ckers !!! Without a cutvest most dogs WOULD die, even when in hold, due the fact these beast are smart as f#ck and take the dog to a tree or a rock or something and squeeze them untill they can either cut or bite them with their big tusks !!!!!

To make along story short, DON'T DO IT LEAVE IT TO THE EXPERT HUNTERS !!
    If anyone insists however......well....lots of luck to ya and your dog !!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2005
  20. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

the one time that she been on a hog was a few months ago,but i wasnt there,i let her breeder take her,he actually wanted to buy her back but i could never ever again own a dog like that.