1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

gamebred apbt vs a wolf?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by geezuss, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

this is my opinion, if your average 50 or so lbs game bred A(p)BT got loose and found it's self in Yellowstone NP and came across a lone wolf, i would bet the wolf would run, but lets say it didn't, they might enguage, if the wolf didn't have the upper hand in a maxx of 10 min. then the wolf is going to start looking for a way out, but he's in the hands of a bulldog that not letting him, NOW the wolf is fighting for it's life, IF the wolf was unable to kill the bulldog by the 20 to 30min. mark then it's a dead wolf....

Wolfs ARE HUGE 90 something lbs easy, they are FURRY, and they have wind like noone else, and can BITE HARD, make no mistake about it... the thing that they also have that ApBT's don't is the self preservation mechanism in their head... They are formidable beats, but if the wolf hasn't got free or killed the bulldog in 30min then that wolf is good as dead, either from the bulldog or nature, it's a dead dog.

2. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

I think people need to remember that a dog match is to determine which is the GAMEST of two dogs. And that THAT is why all other things are made as equal as possible -- weight being the most obvious.

A match is not to see who would "win", NOT to see which dog can kill or severely injure the other, in the same way all these theorists that like to think about what win say, in a Pit and wolf fight, Pit and Rottweiler fight etc.

The injuries and beating another dog take in a proper match are again ways to "equalize" the dogs to distill everything down to "gameness". It's NOT the "idea" behind a match. But it does seem to be the whole idea when we get these wolf x Pit, other breed x Pit scenarios.

Of course there very likely are big ol dogs, tougher than nails themselves, that can "win" against a Pit Bull. But it's not the same contest! There is no looking for gameness and none displayed if another dog can overpower and kill a Pit Bull! I saw a 100 pound Chesapeake Bay Retriever literally take the shoulder OFF a Doberman which came into his yard. So what? That is NOT the idea behind matching Pit Bulls!

Dreamer

3. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

timberwolves reach 160 lbs I really dont think many dogs would make it especially if the wolf was protecting or gaurding the packs food.

4. venom

venom Top Dog

Lol if it has anything to do with a pack or guarding food, it won't be a 1 on 1 bout. wolves will pick off the dog. the only real way this would happen is if someone put a captive wolf vs a dog. and i just think it depends on the two individuals... depends on the wolf's size mindset and depends on the dogs experience. if u just pick any ol' game bred pitbull... vs any wolf. ima take the wolf... over an unproven dog.

5. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

silly post like Bruce Lee vs Optimus Prime...or the Fonz vs The big Ragu

6. venom

venom Top Dog

ima take bruce lee on that one :cool:

7. venom

venom Top Dog

but ill beat bruces ass.
    a more silly comparison would be Me vs Bruce Lee.
    give that mthrfkr the STONE COLD STUNNER

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

wildsides rapid roy hung in there pretty well against a timberwolf.

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

rrriiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttttttt.......................and ill slap kimbo & stomp rampage!!!!:rolleyes:

10. venom

venom Top Dog

hey, it could happen.

11. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

haha i know this is why i made it clear i do not promote it in any way!! :) . i just see alot of debates about it . i figure in a real pit situation the wolf woudnt even want to fight and the dog will no matter what. im just curious as i see alot of debates all over the web. this question is just out of curiosity and the point is that apbt are man made thorough selective breeding where as the wolf has come to be out of natural selection and its much debated on the web weather the wild instincts have any part in the out come. its not meant to start an issue. is just a curious question. btw im an avid apbt supporter i think they are an amazing and beautiful dog and mine is gentle and loveing and all it cares about is its family !!!!

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

lol.......

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

what about a rhino vs an elephant?

14. venom

venom Top Dog

elephant wins.
    it was an issue a couple years back on a wild life conservation where young bulls were killin rhino's for no reason. turns out they just needed guidance. soon as they put some older males and family members in the park they stopped killing the rhino's.

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

im bout to post a samilair thread, hold up!

16. largeli

largeli Pup

LOL, dunno if its been mentioned yet or not but anyone seen the monvie white fang? Disney movie from the early 90's or 80's....anyway one of the scenes was the wolf fighting a apbt....wolf lost.....like i said it was a disney movie, lol!

17. venom

venom Top Dog

Some good ones aree.....

Tiger Vs Lion....
    Tiger/Lion Vs Grizzly/Polar bear
    Japanese Hornet Vs a nest of killer bee's

These are more interesting than pitbulls vs wolves lol

18. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

i agree with you 100% , the wolf wouldnt want to fight as i stated above^^ . and i also agree thats its unfair to put a bulldog against any other breed for this reason. now the question arises a fight in the pit vs in the wild. either way the wolf woulndt want to fight so then the pit wins... but pound for pound in an all out fight who would win then( considering the wolf actually fights and is (game) . its not a question to offend anyone so please forgive me , i just see alllot of debate on the web and this seemed like the best place to ask a final question as everyone here would know their dogs..

19. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

yes 100% im with you on that one.cajun rules pit wins. but now considering the wolf is "Game" then what do you think? i mean either way i do not think the wolf would even want to fight and would probably try to jump the wall but if he is Game and is willing to put his all in just as the pit is whats the outcome. and do you think "wild instincts" have anything to do with the outcome? people have bread the dog with the best traits over hundreds of years to produce a perfect dog imo now the wolf is a product of natural selection..

20. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

we should move this discussion to my new thread it may fit in better there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.