1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gamest to ever live.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 14rock, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Just a thought-provoking question to see where everyone stands, and to a lesser degree, what people define as "game". Since dog-matching is illegal, and we can debate dead dogs gameness till we are blue in the face (and many of us spend way too much time doing so) I'm curious to hear others opinions on the gamest human to ever walk the Earth.

I will give a nod to any early 1900's boxer. Those guys were true warriors. No time limit. Slug it out, toe the line. If you were too physically, mentally, or emotionally damaged to "toe the line" you lost. Early boxing has always fascinated me, although I'm not a huge fan of current "boxing" (i.e. promotions, rules, point fighting, sanctions, and resting on your knee for 8 seconds to rest before popping up). Winning doesnt prove gameness.

I will also give a nod to a mma fighter some of you may know, who goes by the name "Cabbage", as well as Mark Hunt. These men are known for iron chins, and I've seen these two men take beating that would put normal men to the grave-only to have them continue the fight, unphazed. I still giggle everytime I think of Joe Rogan mentioning during Tim Sylvia vs Cabbage. "Cabbage is doing a fantastic job of blocking those punches-with his face. And suprisingly, showing no worse for wear, he just keeps coming!". That is the style that will break down all bust the best fighters. For those who have fought competitevly, know there is no greater strain on the heart then giving someone every thing in your arsenal, in a constant, relentless attack, and not being able to put them away. That is what makes a rough cur quit on top, when ability isnt enough.

I'm going to bed for the night, I'll be awaiting the answers to this in the morning, as well as throwing a few more names in for debate if this takes off.

Have a Good one.

Riptora likes this.
  2. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

i dont think he's the gamest but our very own, manny pacquiao comes to fight. he doesnt mind to catch a few punches as long as he can unleash his own hell to his opponent.

[​IMG]

he was bloodied and basically fought with one eye against the great el terrible on their first encounter. it was an accidental headbutt that gave him a big gash just above his eye on the 4th round but he gave all his best till the 12th. ultimately losing the match via unanimous decision.

their second and third encounter however is a different story. pacquiao won both via stoppage.

the pacman is the no. 1 pound for pound fighter right now besting "the pretty boy" floyd mayweather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEjOJ1q1mA

3. Attila

Attila Guest

well it used to be me but I would have to say someone younger, Maybe you Rock. I am just a has been. lol

4. Atwater27

Atwater27 Big Dog

Speaking of Mark Hunt having an Iron chin

Watch Mark Hunt block Crocop's kicks with his noggin

<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pixfI7eq4M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

I agree with Dimas about Manny Pacquiao. He is a bad motherfu**er

5. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Just a lil addition. One man who is game IMO is Viktor Yushchenko

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1425561,00.html

No matter what people think of his views, he has shown gameness to his opposition.
    Youd have to give Lance Armstrong (steroids or not) a nod as well.

Isiah Thomas playing on a broken ankle for the pistons? That is a good example of gamenes from a modern athlete IMO as well.

YFIS

6. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

7. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Well come to think about it maybe he wasn't game but he was most definately an ACE.....[​IMG]

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

He might have been at one time. Too bad he lost his mind & is as nutty as a jay bird now.

9. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Tyson is a tragedy. He is NOT GAME. A quitter, junkie, woman beater etc... And I like Iron mike. LOL

10. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Say what you want but No one on the Planet could mess with MIKE TYSON when he was between 19-24. Mike Tyson was mugging grown men when he was 12 yrs old that will tell you something! 12? Damn!!!! Drugs are very unfortunate and distroys alot of people careers, especially athletes. But as far as the boxer he was amazing, for the simple fact that we still talk about him will tell you something....

11. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Mike Tyson was a bad man, but was never game. Every time he gets in trouble he cheats or quits. He was a great knock out artist, but never game. I am with rock that Cabbage is game. Tim Silvia also got his forearm snapped into by Frank Mir and tried to continue the fight.

12. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

take this boxing talk to another board!
    aAA ha ha ha ha LMAO. funny, one week all the mods are "dog discussion olny" next thing you know we are talking boxing. ya see, I could personally careless about the boxing crap.. so I come to a dog forum. now I really feel left out cuz I dont know what the hell you peeps are talking about with all this game-ppl BS.
    lets go back to dog talk.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
    CRG likes this.
  13. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I don't think you can narrow it down to one person. ANYONE who was a warrior during the days when most fighting was hand to hand and lived through a few battles had to be game, and tough, and skilled. Just think, thousands of men trying to hack each other apart going at it all day long. And sometimes guys would live to be old (for those days). You know anyone who lived through a few of those battles had to be one bad s.o.b. Just think, wearing 40lbs. of armor, swinging a sword or axe than weighed 10lbs. and doing it all day. Very few people nowadays could do that even if no one was trying to hurt them. Now picture doing that with people trying to kill you and while taking serious damage. I doubt anyone got through those sorts of fights without some nasty injuries of some sort.

14. Primo

Primo Pup

And it took a game man to beat him (for at least one incredible night in Japan).
    Buster Douglas (who's mother had just passed away) took his best shots, even got knocked down, and kept coming. He curred ol' Iron Mike out that night. In my opion, the greatest upset in fight history. Tyson was never the same.

P

15. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

In mma 2 that come to mind are Jens Pulver and Jeremy Horn. Jens is an awesome 155 pounder! That little guy keeps going and going, and coming back for more!

Jeremy has amazing skill, can go and go, is slick and calm, has won more fights than most MMA fighters have/ever will have, and he just plain loves to fight... its in the blood :) You'd never know it though if you hung out with him, he's laid back and is a dork :D

16. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Im not to much up on the MMA stuff, but Vanderlay Silva (SP?) is/was about the baddest man to walk the planet.

The Watcher likes this.
  17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Yea, but we're not supposed to be talking about who is the "baddest" but who is the gamest. Come on guys, I'd like to see some real spot on answers here (I'm curious as to who it would be!).

18. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Vanderlei is a barn storming cur IMO

Dont get me wrong, i like Vanderlei, but i wouldnt call him game

19. I agree, Mike was something and between 19-24 yes I think...yes that was HIS time....one time I saw a fight with him he beat his oponent in 26 sec....lol...he was an ACE^^.....now the best Heavy-weight is Vitali Klitschko...in early future you will see some good ones with him...bet on him!

20. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Look on the first page, I did list some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.