1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gavins Moonshine

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by jt ellison, Jun 21, 2012.

1. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

Hey Dutchman i posted my answer to your question on the board as i felt sure others might be intrested but it appeared briefly then vanished , so i shall try again . Im often seen as controversial or so im told, howevor i always tell the truth as i saw it through my own eyes , not through gossip or tickle tackle passed down from those who were not there . We all have heard of CH Phycho and how he was lost in a kennel fight with his son Moonshine , now ive heard it said and also read by RB himself that Moonshine was a cur ? now not for one minute am i going to try and dispute this , as the dog may well have quit . Howevor i saw the Moonshine dog against CH Bruno and the dog took a beating but kept his head facing in the right direction and made a game falling down curtesie at the end . Now im not saying he was a great or even a game dog but on THAT day he showed game , now would i have bred to the dog on that showing alone then yes i would howevor i wouldnt breed tothe dog had he quit previously . Ive seen a number of dogs quit for a number of reasons , to young overmatched first time out badly handled or conditioned then later show tobe deepgame . When this happens your always going to be thinking will he wont he do it again every time he has to scratch , now many famous dogs have done this Going Light Barney being one that comes to mind . Its this what makes this dog game so intresting and competitive and we all look at things differently thats why the dog game produces so many one of a kind individuals as we all try to prove our understanding to each other . I never knerw how Moonshine was bred on his dams side perhaps RB will post it , at least then wed have no arguments about it being correct , last but not least Moonshine lost game to CH Bruno so put that in your pipe Dutchman and smoke it lol

2. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

3. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

I personally never seen him quit...but was told by those who seen him tried before going to UK, that he quit...not 100% sure but did he not quit in his other loss ?....R

4. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

RB im about as ompetent on a PC as a Red assed babboon so havent a clue what happened lol As far as im aware Moonshine was matched only the once here in England and is owner got out of dogs shortly after the match with CH Bruno . What puzzles me howevor is the bitch Mc Graths Shielah bred to North Star a dog from the early/mid sixties then to Socks a dog from the seventies , though its possible if she was bred to NorthStar as a youg bitch and Socks as a very old bitch , thanks for posting

5. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Yes, it was wrong...I put up the pedigree of MOONSHINE, I used someone called maxiboy2 version of "Northford BRADY II"...with out checking it first... Iv now changed it...thats the correct pedigree up there now

6. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

I tough he lost to a dog called "BRITT" a brother to Ch."Klogger" in 41 minutes...

7. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

He could well have done will ask WCwho owned Dylan and dam of those dogs Zeta next time i chat with him , cheers R

8. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

top class bloke .....still have the mill he gave me as a gift when i gave there lass a bitch pup .

9. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

Both of them the owner of CH Brock i did buisness with a few times he was fair and sporting but hard to understand he used to say way hi man its a gud dug that like lol as for WC hes a gentleman and a good conditioner and there lass was the best dog walker in England and his mother Bell a legend with all who met her , we used to love visiting them shed spoil us all with cakes brews butties and chatting about rugby , genuine honest good people

10. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

i bred a litter years ago ....there was 3 dogs and 1 bitch ...i wanted the bitch myself as they were inbred on my old red dog ....there lass was wanting a staff for ages but only wanted a bitch :( ....as you say jt top class people ...so i gave the bitch to her ... gave another dog to a mate of spraymans ... a dog to my brother and kept a dog myself .

11. blueboy

blueboy Big Dog

Posting people's initial's up in association with dog's is not what people do to friend's. Especially not on a public forum.

12. Finito

Finito Big Dog

Although i may (or may not) have been guilty of it myself,i am in agreement with you 100%. Regardless if they are friends or not.

13. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

They are MY friends and not yours they dont have a problem with it so mind your own buisness unless you have something constructive to add , also im talking to a friend Skipper about old friends of ours and like i said they dont have a problem with it so neither should you