1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Good plans for a winter dog house

Discussion in 'Tips' started by pitbullcliff, Nov 4, 2008.

1. pitbullcliff

pitbullcliff Banned

It is getting cold here in the north and those bulldogs need good warm housing. These are great plans for dog houses that keep them hounds warm and cozy even on the coldest nights and has a wind break also.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/uniquekennels/doghouseblueprints.htm

These are good sturdy houses that will last for years unless of course you have one that likes to chew their houses LOL.

2. wot total cost?

3. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

I work at Lowes so I looked up the price of the plywood and 2x4s. We sell the 4' x 8' sheets of 3/4" treated ply for $32.97 each and the 8' 2"x4"'s are $3.49 each. It adds up to $79.90 before tax. Here in Texas, with tax, it's $86.49. Now, that does not include insulation if you want it.

If someone knows where to get it cheaper than $77 (which is what it would cost me with my discount) please let me know! :D

ETA: This is the price if you follow their directions! You could go cheaper with a different width and type of plywood sheeting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2008