1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

got my mill today...(video)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pittfallin, Feb 22, 2007.

1. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i got my mill today and i think she picked up on it real easy...seems to like it i think...[​IMG]

2. Marty

Marty Guest

Shes working that mill :)

3. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Man I'm gonna have to get me one lol. That definately looks a lot easier than a electric human treadmill!

4. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

I would like to get one for Big Girl...since she got spayed she is really living up to her name and putting on weight...I'm afraid I would have to hang a hot dog in front of her to get her to work it though.

5. MASON

MASON Big Dog

Nice video, she is working the hell out of that mill!

6. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

chiapit: thats funny...lol

yeah, she seems to like it, im running her in 10min sets twice a night to get her started and shes handeling it fine. doesent even seem like shes tired at all...do you think i should go up to 15?

7. MASON

MASON Big Dog

10 min is fine for now she is still getting used to it and you don't want her to lose interest. You are lucky that she will get on it and go right away, it took a while for me to introduce my dog to the mill. You will be amazed at what 10 min will do for a dog over time, I would wait a while before bumping up to 15.

8. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

do yall think shes doing good?...any tips on how to get better results?

right now im feeding innova evo (in the silver bag) its a high protien and low carb. i kinda thought about swiching her to the solid gold wolf king (in the gold bag)..the also have the wolf king in the silver bag ..;.what do yall think i should do? i want her to get in real good shape

9. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

mayeb after a week or so i should bump it up huh??
    i do 10min right when i get home from work at 3:30 and another 10 about 8:30...is that ok?

10. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

ypu may wanna let her decide on the times. at first let her run a good 5-7 mons or so. then take her off. do it again a lil later. after a few times at this level,,let her go at it. let her hit her m/s level(maximum stress) level, then let her do a cool down walk. you'll know when she hits the max stress level. she'll go from a hard continuous run for an extended amount of time(you cheerin her on!) then she'll take a break an slow down to catch her breath for a minute. after awhile,,you can let her go to her m/s level again. but at first, i'd let her just do a cool down walk for maybe 3-5 minutes. that'll make sure the muscles don't kink up on her. that's what i do with mine anyways

11. game_test

game_test Top Dog

feed her less, walk her more.

12. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i wanted to let her decide but she acts like she doesent care....ill try what you said though and see how that works. ive had pretty good luck with the two sets of 10min runs. it doesent even look like it stuns her at all but she get a whole lotta praising so she seems to work REALLY hard, thanks for your help

13. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

what kinda results do you think i should expect?..i dont want to build her back end i want to lean her out a bunch

14. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

If that is a carpet mill you have there be very careful running her for long times on it! It is not a slatmill for "free-turning" and willl be very hard and stressful on there kidneys!

YIS

15. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Do not attempt to try to condition a dog (Maximim Stress) on a carpetmill...you will do more damage than good! A dog cannot revoery on its feet on a mill with resistance such as a carpetmill.

YIS

YIS

14rock and The Watcher like this.
  16. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

my ultimate goal is to have her run 30-45 min a day ....could you explain how its bad on thier kidneys?....it just excercise right?...

p.s...im not trying to be a smartass im truley curious

17. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

buuuuummmmmmppppp

18. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

I just saw the video....its looking great;)
    And that girl is happy she gets to run in the kitchen, close to fridge with cold beers for her, i must say that pure luxus..:D

19. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

take the advise and add the caulk to your belt to make it last. with only one dog you should get atleast 3 yrs out of it. Also, go ahead and order a second belt, just incase one should break. no fun coming up two weeks before the show and your belt goes out.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  20. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

she looks like she really enjoys her run!

i have no opinions to offer to this, as I'm currently looking into a slat mill for my dog once she hits 18 mos or so (i'm still trying to figure if I should wait longer or not), but she looks great!

hope you get in her the shape you want her in. she already looks good. like someone else said, maybe cut back on her calorie intake just a bit, and hand-walk her some more.

i've been told by some folks there's no substitution for hand-walking.

The Watcher likes this.