1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

grade 70/transport chain

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by act284, Sep 19, 2010.

1. act284

act284 Big Dog

Hey folks,

Does anyone know of retailers that sell grade 70/transport chains by the foot?

I have been to big hardware stores (lowes, home depot), medium ones (ace) to small mom and pop shops here in Los Angeles...no one has grade 70/transport quality chain

some dogmen from georgia I know told me that grade 43 would be fine as long as I switch yearly...id rather have something worthy of a few years...also, every wants $40 for axles....big city living is ridiculous

let me know what advice ya have

2. popper

popper CH Dog

3. popper

popper CH Dog

actually its not by the foot sorry

4. act284

act284 Big Dog

yeah, i went today, and told the guy i would buy the whole package as long as they used the machine to cut it...but he said he tried once, and it busted the chain cutting machine...haha

anybody else?

5. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Tractor Supply Co. I'm not so sure about changing the 43 yearly though. I mean yeah if it's worn but I'm on my second year with one and it's fine. Barely worn. I guess it depends on the dog. Better safe than sorry but you should be able to look it over and know if it's wearing out.

6. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Look for deals on craigslist or ebay selling large amounts of chain (new, lol), maybe split the cost with another person /s, get chain cheap in quanities

7. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

I get mine at a local feed store.