1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

GrCh Lukane UKC Registered?????

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Erie Outlawz, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

So like a week ago i question someone on a pup that they say they got off Lukane threw AI now the guy is hittin me up on private messages askin me why then tells me his dog is UKC registered now i havent messed with the registering of dogs in awhile but for some reason this isnt sittin well with me. Does anyone who has had dogs off Lukane from the past know if he was ever registered with the UKC????

2. John Galt

John Galt Pup

First you have to realize registries are about money. They want to register your dog for a fee. If you want a dog registered through UKC, even if the parents, grandparents, etc. aren't, all you have to do is have a UKC representative look at your dog and decide that it is an APBT. At least that was how it was 10-15 years ago. Anyone can buy a pedigree program for the price of registering a dog and keep their own records.

3. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Can you put up link to any pedigree programs ...thankyou ...R

4. John Galt

John Galt Pup

The Breeder's Standard is a good one. It might be a little more expensive than registering one dog, but you'll have it forever and you can put in any and all pedigrees you find.

http://www.compuped.com/Breeders.html

5. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Ok i guess but i thought the parents had to be registered for you to have ukc paperwork on a pup? See i dont know much about the UKC as most everyone i know or have ever dealt with uses ADBA or BonaFide. Ive never had some one walk up to me with a gamebred dog and be like hey check out my UKC paperworl lol.

6. wiseguy

wiseguy Pup

I once called the UKC regarding a miniature schnauzer that I bought my son that was NKC registered. I was told if I sent in pictures and a copy of his ped I could have him registered with the UKC. I believe as long as they don't consider the registry as a scam registry they will except it. I believe if the dog was NKC, AKC, or in the APBT case ADBA registered they would allow you to register it with the UKC.

7. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Before a year or two ago all you would have had to do is send in a copy of the paperwork and a couple pics and the required fees and register the dog with them. So it is possible that they did before the ukc decided to close the books. Now they only register litters from a dam and sire that is already ukc registered and no longer single register.

8. John Galt

John Galt Pup

Erie, I think some, if not most of the Colby dogs were registered ADBA and UKC. I might be wrong about that. I agree, it would be rare to see a game bred dog from most bloodlines that was registered UKC.

9. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

wel im not wondering about dogs from that far back im wondering if this dude that keeps mesaging me about his ai pup off lukane got took or not as ive never heard of anyone with dogs from the line having em UKC registered

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i believe i heard the ukc will only accept akc registered staffs from here on out, no more apbts

11. If the guy is registering w/ UKC he doesn't have working dogs.