1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

gut or internal fat cut + foam from mouth

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by gunman2376, Sep 5, 2012.

1. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

hi

got a few diferent questions

was reading Crenshaw keep,

how do i cut the internal fat?
    how i see when it's well done (or not)?
    any advices/tips ?

long time ago i seen the millmaker dvd and he talked about foam coming from the mouth at the start of keep and when there is no more foam after dog was in good shape.
    due to poor audio i did not understood it well

anyone can tell me about it?

thank's in advanced

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

When the dog is running white foam will come from his mouth, that's how you know you are getting somewhere. I wouldn't say when there is no more white foam the dogs in good shape but def on their way

3. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

The foam isn't the guy fat being removed. Wives tale, foam just means the dogs working his ass off.

4. sega

sega Big Dog

What abt the internal fat cut?

5. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

Naustroms

sorry, i guess that i did not expressed myself right, did meant foam and gut fat as being 2 different questions

6. THANK YOU! I hear that same stupid theory all the time and just lmao @ it. I can have Bronson @ 3% or less and he still has the foam every single time he works lol.

7. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

internal gut fat is basically body fat...what he means is the dog should be closer to the chosen weight before loading up tons of work....and a fat dog is not a conditioned dog regardless of how much one thinks a fat dog can do....cutting that fat is the same recipe for the dogs as it is for us...gradually increase the amount of exercise as you gradually decrease the food intake....the body fat will fade...then when the chosen weight is close, and the work load is increased the amount of food is increased or decreased to maintain/sustain that particular dog....changes every time with every dog...US1

8. showdogs

showdogs Banned

never really liked to see foam coming from a dog

9. NGK

NGK Top Dog

I think that people need to be a little more specific about increase and decrease of food when responding. Protien cannot be digested properly without fat and vise versa, if you decrease the fat intake and increase the protien intake the dog will naturally burn more fat. Internal fat is the last of the body fat to be digested as it is a natural function for dogs to store fat next to their organs and heart as a reserve in the event of starvation, this will also help keep them warm and sustain their bodies during the winter months. There is a fine line between healthy fat cutting and unhealthy fat cutting as to much protien can cause many different problems as well. IMO the process should be a slow gradual cut appose to some of the old time methods where people try to drop mass amounts of fat in a short period of time. This is a complex thread and would require hours of discussion to be effective as well as a good understanding of the particular dog and its conditions etc...

NGK

10. LOL well then you've obviously never worked a dog very hard then

11. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

thank you all for your inputs

NGK, please do not hesitate too develop this interesting thread ;)

12. sega

sega Big Dog

Yea appreciate ya NGK for the lecture

13. showdogs

showdogs Banned

your right boogiemanblood i try to never overwork my dogs, theres an old greyhound saying dont run the guts out of your dog before the race, but what ever works for you good luck with your dogs

14. sega

sega Big Dog

Theirs n old sang, don't fix it if it ain't broke

15. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

The increase/decrease in food is a balancing act...just like anything...there are smart ways and some not so smart ways...when the dog is close to that chosen weight and the work begins the food has to be increased or decreased to work down to a weight or up to a weight...i agree the food should be in balance regardless of which direction the scales are going....i agree that can be another thread all together...let's get that one going....

16. LOL I guess I could be putting slobber and foam in the same category :)

17. ROSE

ROSE Banned

Foam in many cases indicates an allergy of some sort.

The more stress you put on your dog the more his sympathetic nervous system which leads to less water in the saliva which leaves for example amylase which breaksdown starch and sugar. Amylase is like syrup and makes the dogs saliva thicker. (REPRINT.)

18. sega

sega Big Dog

Foam in many cases indicates an allergy of some sort.

What's a good way to treat an allergy n what's are some good ways to tell if yr dogs having allergies? Will one med work on multiple allergys like benedryl works for us?