1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

had a kennel fight today...any advice

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Sampson1, Feb 23, 2010.

1. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

you got that right CTG, but i read it as he thought they could have been going at it for 15-20 min. (could have been)...not it took them 15-20 min. to seperate.;)
    15-20 min. you would have to be using a broken stick, not a breaking stick ay...lol:D

2. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

hell nah once me and my brother got there it didnt take anytime to get them apart..i didnt watch them fight for 20 minutes..why would i post that on a public forum..?it was an accident that got fixed as soon as i realized it was happening

3. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

lol if it wouldve taken me that long to seperate them i wouldve caused more damage then anything else...and broken stick wouldve been the least of my worrries:)

4. forty6mantis

forty6mantis Big Dog

it took him 15 mins to respond which is contrary to him saying he rushed out there ASAP. But he handled it and that's all you can do besides checking hardware every other day and getting good tackle. anyone have any advice on strategically placing dogs in the yard? eg. putting the smaller young ones next to each other, having an older "school" dog in the middle and the bigger rougher ones on the opposite? those two that just mixed it up will look differently at each other from now on if they haven't already been. lol.

5. CTG

CTG Big Dog

cool. tighten the collars and check them connections daily,

6. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Definitly learn to vet them yourself. Antibiotics can be bought at feed stores etc. Get yourself some NuStock cream and some sulfadene. Epsom salts too. Learn to bandage and stitch up cuts.

7. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Thanks all of you...and i tried to put them as strategic as possible..but sometimes shit happens i guess

8. cutt

cutt CH Dog

indeed it does, but being proactive is a must... Lotta good dogs have ben lost due to hardware mishaps... J.Q.P. , doesnt see it as "accidental" ..

9. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

oh trust me im gonna do everything in my power to keep it from happening again

10. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

i was gonna bring the Redboy pup to his first ADBA show in march down in louisiana but now thats very doubtful..dont think im gonna bring a scarred up dog to a show and expect everyone to just look the other way

11. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

some show they will trow you out of the ring...:confused: because of the scars..
    and well what point make a conformation show?:) its no big deal or im i thinking wrong? :)

12. KDW

KDW Native Nightmare

No worry, if your show same as like here in europe ADBA shows, will no be problem,
    i been with my female to espana ADBA show, and she looks very very terrible,
    the scares, but had no problem at all and she got BIS :D

13. Well I may as well do the opposite of everyone else and tell ya congrats, your pups have started! lol.
    Now the first mistake you made was to post it on this board lol.
    The second mistake you made was to not have taken a good look at them while they were already at it and tell us a little about what you seen in them lol.
    I will never tell anyone to go roll their pups but if they get at eachother by accident then,,, well no sense in wasting an oportunity! lol.
    Oh and next time, take the stick with you but don't use it unless it is absolutely necessary,, just wait for a change in holds and handle normally, that way you get to have some practice as well lol.
    And finally,, vets are only there to take your money and give you problems,, if it doesn't require surgery, it shouldn't require a vet either. Learn to care for your own dogs and make a place for them to heal up in that is not in view of the public and can be locked up.

14. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

if u have nosy neighbors then its good to have the accident documented by a vet so when those midgets from animal planet show up talkin shit u can hopefully get them to leave without kickin their ass first.

15. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

In which show did your bitch win BIS?

17. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

Go to your local feed store and get a bottle of penicillin, syringes, and a sterile suture kit. If the vet you went to was cool ask him for styptic powder, its a blood clotter for smaller cuts. Any thing bigger than 30 lbs hit it with 3 cc of pen every day for five days, bigger than fifty hit it with 5 cc a day. Accidents happen so dont sweat it, but what ever you do dont get caught with them breaksticks.

18. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

GET A STILLWATER 2IN colllar , axle o-rings , swivels & log chain !! sounds like you need to proper chain set-up !

19. KDW

KDW Native Nightmare

look pm ;)

20. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

if the sticks you used have a single tooth mark on them throw them away.