1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

had a kennel fight today...any advice

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Sampson1, Feb 23, 2010.

1. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

you can buy syptic powder OTC.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/pet-ca...nimal-health-blood-stop-powder-16-oz--2221424

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
  2. gameexchange

gameexchange Big Dog

I recommend you pack your shit up, torch the place, bury the mutts, and move to mexico they'll be on to you real quick dude. Get the hell outta there now!!!!! Nah im just being silly. LOL

3. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

ok, well you are gonna have to be ready for this in the future, it is going to happen again, so have a
    leash ready, I use hunting leads that have a snap around the handle so you can wrap around a tree and clip off, otherwise you wont get them to break and stay broke, follow?now in an emergency, be ready to chokem out, one stick wont work because they are going to both be locked on faces more than likely, clip one on the lead and grab the other, CAREFULLY block the air inflow on both(squeeze their throats at the same time) CAREFULLY, they will both let go and there you will be safe again. i know it sounds the opposite of delicate and responsible, but hey were talkin gettin these dogs off so you dont have neighbor issues or health issues............just curious what other method is there for breaking up 2 dogs when you are alone????

4. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

Since I got nice prefeirt and magnum kennels no accidents. I use concrete for the flooring and ply wood for the roofs attatched with eye screws and chains. My wife gets pretty upset when they get banged up so it was either that or only keep one...and u know u cant just have one.

5. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yeah those kennels are really the only ones that will contain bulldogs, the plywood roof is a must...A MUST...cant say it enuff. Ill spare the explanation even though its obviuos.good advice mtnman

6. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

np you learn good when u learn the hard way.

7. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

very true as we all have learned the hard way one time or another.

8. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

thanks for all the helpful info guys but i've since learned from my mistakes..this was kinda an old post

9. BravoTx

BravoTx Pup

lmfao!!! :d

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I agree.

You should only be able to fit two fingers underneath the collar (two fingers side-by-side and lying flat against the skin...not two fingers one on top of the other). If you can fit more than two fingers underneath the collar, it is too loose. If you can't fit two fingers under the collar, you're suffocating your dog and possibly causing some permanent damage to his trachea/esophagus.

Do a collar check on all the dogs. Check all your hardware. Do this every single day whether it's scorching hot, pouring down rain, or snowing. The one day you don't check will be the day you would've realized something's broken or whatnot.

Yard accidents happen. But if they happen a lot, they aren't accidents. You just aren't learning your lesson and figuring out where you are failing.

11. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

this is from febuary..have i said anything about it since then?

12. MCS

MCS CH Dog

look at the posts and take it up with the person that bumped it......someone wasn't reading the dates correctly.:rolleyes:

13. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

LMAO @ "accadental Roll"

14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Hm. I guess you've learned it all in those short few months. Good for you. Such a damn shame many of us other owners still have our brains open to further education 12+ years in the dogs. If only we we too could know it all and be so perfect.

People put up some good info on preventing future yard accidents. Maybe you know it all already, but other people don't mind reading and rereading about those little precautions to take and little things to check for in an effort to prevent two (or even more) dogs from getting into a mess.

15. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yeah the last thing you wanna do in a disagreeance here is take it personal. you dont have to defend yourself, people will learn that behavior from you, and if someone thinks you do things fawked up, so what? do let it burn your mind up, this isnt intended for anyone personally

16. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

dont be offended others are trying to help bro....most of the time people read this and learn who dont add just read learn listen and appreciate.....I have had bulldogs since I got my first pup off red to fine tuned I still mess up and listen and learn. I am just a nobody but hope to help somebody before my time is over. peace

17. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

And thats fine but once you start directing your statements at me im gonna defend myself..kill your sarcasm all i was saying is ive since fixed the problems in my yard..so you can take your sarcastic ass the other way...im not trying to argue over the computer..its childish and the fact being you may be some internet dogger is the same fact that makes what you say fall on deaf ears.. im gonna treat you like i treat most the jokers that just wanna argue on this site..oh and im pretty sure i said "thanks for all the helpful advice" but you wanna start your cycle and start trippen.
    have a nice day :cool:

18. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

how does a pup go 20 min with a 60+lb dog? I doubt they were out there anywhere near that long or you'd be digging a hole to put that pup in.

19. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Big Dog

Reread MT I think he said he was glad he didn't go to that dog.

20. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

thanks Tommy your right thats what i ment..some people just want so bad to call people out that they get ahead of themselves and forget how to read..he wants it so bad he litterally cant see straight..:eek: