1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hall's Miss Boobs and Boobs

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by F.W.K., Sep 20, 2023.

1. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Screenshot_20230920-223734.png Hall's Miss Boobs.
    Was a nice sweet bitch, but one day she wasn't. Bobby had an alcoholic doing odd jobs for him who was named after Bobby's favorite brood bitch Miss Boobs. It turned out the Hall's weren't home and the handyman wanted to drunkenly climb the fence while they were away. He ended up with Miss Boobs who bit the intruder in the knee and held him down until Bobby came home and rescued the handyman from his plight. From now on he walked with a limp and went by his new name Boobs. I had no trouble with Miss Boobs and shared a pizza (no joke) with her on a beautiful evening.

grove, AGK, Dusty Road and 6 others like this.
  2. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

In Texas you had a free newspaper with all the wanted criminals. Boobs came across one from that newspaper, a wanted murderer. Boobs drunk as ever wanted to stop him at a local bar mainly for the reward I assume. A day later Boobs came to the yard with black eyes and two teeth knocked out. The killer had beaten him to pieces and escaped. I gave Boobs a beer for the scare.

Pollo, Dusty Road, stedz and 3 others like this.
  3. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

We need a FWK Memoirs book! I'd pay good money for that. Too bad their wasn't a legit podcast for the dog world.

grove, stedz, F.W.K. and 2 others like this.
  4. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Remember No Kidding Kennels stayed with Bobby Hall in Texas for 2 about weeks before travelling up to Dixie Line Connection, they had imported Hall's Champion Old Swamper who was a direct son of Miss Boobs, I walked Champion Swamper a few times and he was a nice dog, saw a couple of litters bred off him, but never saw much that I liked really.. NKK told some great stories about Bobby Hall, Bob Stevens and others, kept us all entertained for hours.

david63, grove, stedz and 3 others like this.
  5. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

6. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Those were great times without cell phones and the internet. I loved Bobby Smith's dogs from Red Rock when I saw them, like Joey, a brindle male that anyone would be proud of. Many of the people I visited have passed away over the years. What remains are wonderful memories of a wonderful time. Had a daughter from Swamper and Miss Boobs but unfortunately had no success with her. The Ch.Bert dogs I had were more successful.

7. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Also the Hall's CH Joker breeding I did with a good daughter of Ch Bert X Jailhouse delivered succesfull dogs.

grove, Dusty Road and Revelator like this.
  8. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Had a good time at TX Express Kennels and saw their 2 yards and had a Chinese meal with J.G afterwards a really enjoyable fellow who showed me around. Then I drives back to Bobby's place a few days later and get almost arrested for speeding in the Houston area and ended up handcuffed at the side of the road by a Texas Ranger who's in a bad mood.LOL.End of all I had to pay a fine.

9. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Great stories FWK, thanks for sharing, I was at NKK's place one time and he pulled out a big photo album of memories of his trip to Bobby's place, there was a photo of Hall's Robert (or maybe a son of Robert?) but the dog was a nut.. He'd been sedated earlier that day for some reason and NKK offered to walk the dog to empty out, maybe just get him moving again, apparently the dog was fine heading out, although still a little subdued, but coming back his head must have cleared and he took a dislike to NKK.. He curred on the spot, tied the fckr to a telegraph pole and ran back to get Bobby.. Seems he was the butt of a few jokes over next couple of days, but it was all good fun.. They met J. Shivar, J.R. Loposey, Kimsey Wood and others, they also imported a Loposey bred male called Twister that produced better than anything I seen until the Garret's Tater x Kitten's Peaches crosses hit the UK .. I had a daughter out of Champion Swamper x Limey's Turbo but lost her in a raid.

stedz, david63, Revelator and 2 others like this.
  10. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Screenshot_20230921-155553.png Hall's well-known stud dog Robert had escaped and was chasing the neighbor's chickens. He shot him twice but the dog survived and grew old with a bullet in its body that could not be removed.

stedz, david63, grove and 3 others like this.
  11. i remember the stories

12. yes i remember nkk

david63 and oldguy like this.
  13. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

They were good dogmen, light years ahead of the rest of us around that time, and they either owned, or contested some of the best dogs ever in UK.

stedz and david63 like this.
  14. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice thread.

S

Revelator and tomjones2 like this.
  15. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

At the time and still today, I am convinced that if you want to learn a trade well, learn from the very best in what you want to be good at. The American dog men and women I met were more than helpful and put several people from here and elsewhere on the right track. The old-timers, so to speak, taught you things in a few weeks that you would have needed two years to learn at home. If you are honest and friendly, down to earth
    and think rationally and throw away your rose-colored glasses and work hard for it, success will come naturally.

stedz, ben brockton, david63 and 2 others like this.
  16. tomjones2

tomjones2 Big Dog

I’m buying It!

david63, Revelator and F.W.K. like this.
  17. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

After a show we drove home and the saloons and bars were closing.
    A group of guests wearing cowboy hats were fighting with each other on top of an embankment and some started pelting stones at our convoy of 2 cars and a camper. Inside the camper were the nicest people, all related, from LA Pit Town. The driver ( the father) was struck in the head by a stone through the side window. The man, bleeding from a hole in his head, showed that he had character and calmly continued on his way without further discomfort.

18. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

It's hard to ague against facts and if @FWK ever gets around to writing that book on dogs & dogmen of the past, then you can put me down for 2 copies.

david63 likes this.
  19. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

20. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

@oldguy :The stories and anecdotes and adventures about the dogs and the fanciers and breeders are a fascinating and intriguing fact. The APBT and its history, adored and reviled. Often bred for pennies by greedy people without any knowledge, everything in between and the really good dogs (were you find them,LOL). Like wading through a puddle of mud, that's the game. Survival of the fittest. Worthy of a book someday.

stedz, oldguy, david63 and 1 other person like this.