1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

happy tail?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by act284, Apr 27, 2010.

1. act284

act284 Big Dog

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with their dogs and happy tail? or are knowledgeable on the matter?

I have a dog that I've been watching over for a friend that went to military training for the month. The dog is in a crate.

I first noticed that it had lesions on its tail. There are days when i have to leave it in the crate from 8-4.

Ive treated the lesions with some success using nu stock, neosporin ointment. But its been 2 weeks now, and the lesions went from 2 flat ones to 4-5 open round mound sores.

I took the dog to the vet I part time at and they weren't sure what it was from the looks and didnt suspect ringworm...i was given antibiotics and told to monitor.

if lesions arent gone, may have to take aspiration and test for tumor/mass

anyone know what are typical symptoms of happy tail trauma? or know of what the dog could have? id hate to return the dog with an F'd up tail

2. act284

act284 Big Dog

i've suspected that the dog chews at tail because I have seen the dog lick itself in the groin area when it is roaming in the yard. In an attempt to rule out self mutilation through licking and chewing, I've been using the e-collar. The dog spends time in the crate when Im at work 2 days a week from 7-12, and then the other 2 days from 8-4. Other than that, I have the dog out in the yard or on walks and spring poling.