1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hard Head (SHIT!)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Colossus, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

LMAO @ Dreampits. WOW........

2. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Big Dog

Epic......

3. Sapper

Sapper Pup

Lmao at that second video!

4. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

That's some funny shit...OMG...

5. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

"Biggest head and shortest legs?" So breading sea otters then right? Oh wait they sink nevermind

6. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

You confuse heart with drive poison. Every dog has drive, and drive is known to take things pretty far. However, heart is what makes the dogs stay in the game. I've seen well bred ambullies exceed in schutzhund, ring sports, etc. However, they only stay in it due to the fact that they are winning. If you were to take one and put it in a real situation where it needs to defend its owner, instead of just schutzhund and ring sports, once the ambully gets hit a few times, they will bail. Also if you have multiple assailants coming at the dog, the dog's flight or fight instincts will tell it to flee. If you were to put out on a hog in the field, the dog will also bail once it gets thrown around a few times by the boar. This is what separates highly driven dogs from those that are truly game. Honestly, many dogs can and will fight. The rottweiler, kangal, etc. have been used in the pit. Though none successfully because after 10 mins. of biting nothing but air and getting bit, they will jump the pit whereas the apbts keeps on going and becomes more and more determined. Don't confuse drive with heart.

7. forty6mantis

forty6mantis Big Dog

they have a show class labeled shortest bully? lol.

8. dreampits that sh*t was so funny. the best thing bout that other video was the color on the house dog the guy had not the dog itself his color love the chocolate reds who got em real games not hardhead game hahaha

9. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

Just because I haven't posted much here doesn't mean I don't know the difference between game, drive, and heart. Unless you are trying to say you think heart = gameness. I have seen my fair share of bullies with more drive than a working line GSD. They are not APBT, and should not be expected to be gamedogs, they are not. But you cannot say that none of them are high-drive dogs with more heart than most dog's I've met. They are still made from bulldog breeds.

Friend of mine's dad has a BIG SOB... Huge Ambully. I do not remember why he was going, but he was going after something and ran into a busy road, was hit by a mack truck and thrown about 20' into a ditch. He got up, shook it off, and took off after what he was after.

While even the best bred Ambully might not ever beat an APBT under the cajun rules, for they seem to have self-preservation, no way you can say an American Bully of good breeding wouldn't defend it's owner and put itself at risk. In fact an Ambully is more likely to fight a human for you due to the breeds mixed in them than an APBT.

Hell, my old GSD male continued to pursue a bulldog mutt that had bitten me even after it broke his front leg and was retreating. He went after it on three legs. That dog had heart, but game? Fuck no. He would have quit given the choice, but not while he was protecting me.

While we're at it... How about the bulldogs who fight 30 mins/an hour or more before curring out? Do they not have heart?

Another friend had an accident when nobody was home where two Ambully bitches got together, they fought for well over an hour before anyone got there, and the dogs were still holding each other laying on the floor that was painted with blood. WE know they were going for that long because the neighbor said the banging and snarling started over an hour before they showed up. Those two stupid bitches had heart, but game? No. Because they were unwilling to even go near each other after they were separated.

Do not get me wrong. I adore gamedogs, but I will not trash any breed without exploring all of their aspects. Any breed can have 'heart', not gameness, at least my use of the word 'heart' when it comes to a dog.

10. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

And a story from a friend of mine about her American Bully.

[​IMG]

Yeah, certainly a dog who'd back off after receiving a beating.

11. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Well, I would certainly hope any bull and terrier type of dog would do that at minimum.

In our lifetime, those mutants will represent an "American Pit Bull Terrier" to 99% of the population. Hell, we're already there, and that really urks me, urks me bad. :(

12. bimbo1700

bimbo1700 Pup

You know what's funny? On the other boards that are predominantly bully breed people we show your style of dogs nothing but love. Why is there so much hate towards the am. bully? It's actually sad.

13. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

Most people don't respect that breed of dog because it's breeders are usually liars who peddle their pups and lie about its actual breed and say its a pit bull to make money. Also their owners are not necessarily smart in that they like to argue about the fact that RE and Gotti are legit lines(Not all do though)

14. 76muscle

76muscle Big Dog

True!... The girl looks better than the dogs

15. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

this

99.99% of the breeders I see are claiming APBT, and a string of straight up lies to go along with it. Plus I have been in these dogs since 1981, and I have seen it all go straight down the sh*tter and I consider those mutant bullies, not all of the bullies, to be the quintessential end result of 30+ years of what happens when a good dog gets in an idiots hand. :(

16. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

what the fuck is this? theres fucking trophies for biggest head? shortest bully? what the hell? might as well have one for laziest bully, most overweight bully, least productive bully. Jesus christ.

17. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

My replies in red.

18. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

There is no hate for the ambully breed, just unethical ambully peddlers attempting to pawn their dogs off as an apbt. You'll notice that every comment on the ambully that is negative is DOG SPECIFIC. You don't see us bashing wellbred ambullies that have obtained working titles. Hell, you won't even see us bashing ambullies that are properly conditioned and not fat slobs. You don't see us stating "damn, the wellbred ambullies bred by ethical breeders are useless and should have a bullet in them" do you? You see shit like "those piss poor bred ambullies from backyard breeders serve no purpose and should not be bred."

19. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

thats a good lookin dog, poison. Thats the kind of bully that i can respect. Only ones i cant stand are the low riders.

20. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

The dog sustained a minor scar and lost one tooth. I'd wager that if the dog had sustained more severe injuries, it would run. Actually, just ask a ring sport trainer. I've even smoken to an ambully breeder and they've stated that a well bred ambully possesses tremendous drive, but it is in the rank department, akin to a rottweiler. Don't get me wrong, that dog is still a good dog and protected his owner well. But the dog still doesn't possess heart/gameness, but he does have a lot of drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.